BIGBARNEYCARS, Our dear friend "Jer" passed away Saturday... 2nd announcement

I have known Jer for several years and we had a special bond! Both of us fished Shawnao Lake which is north of Green Bay. The lake is 6200 acres so it's a pretty sizeable lake. Jer would tell me countless stories of catching blue Gills, yellow perch, and Walleyes in the 50's and 60's. Blue Gills was his favorite!!! If you know Shawnao Lake you would know that you can bar hop by boat around the lake. I oftened wondered if I sat on the same barstool as Jer! I will dearly miss my old friend!!!

Jer was a U. S. Marine!

Semper Fi!!!!

You would rarely see Jer without him wearing his Marine cover (cap).

FB_IMG_1530722185834.jpg

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jer, but I have always enjoyed his posts and stories. Thank you for your service sir, Semper Fidelis. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends.

I found a few pictures of one of Jer's favorite spots in Green Bay, Maricques, a little south of Shawnao Lake. Nice dinner of Perch, Blue Gill, Walleye and Cheese Curds.

FB_IMG_1639231568109.jpg

I still have a hard time accepting his death...

I had no idea that Jer was in his 80's...... I knew he was a bit older than me.

Even with his scooter....He would get around at Carlisle in the heat like the wind.

I just saw this thread and echo the statements in this thread.

I enjoyed his comments, grammar, and humor.

R.I.P. Jer

P.S. Thanks for reposting @cantflip

Wow this is my first time hearing of this news. Had been away from the forums for the last few months so it slipped by me.

Its so sad to hear of Jer’s passing. He was actually the second member from this forum that I met in person. Met him in a buffalo wild wings and had a double date with my then girlfriend. Shared a bunch of Marine stories and loved hearing about his time in the military. In the Marines he’s apart if what we call the “Old Corps”. A true leatherneck even in his older years.

One day he invited me over to meet his kind wife and showed me his Dodge Rampage/Plymouth Scamp project he was working on and his 1990-something Chrysler Lebaron. It was my first time actually ever seeing a Turbo Dodge in person and prior I wasn’t even aware they existed.

At the time my ‘70 NYer was my DD and I told him I didn’t want a carbureted car for a DD anymore. He showed me his Lebaron with the 2.2L Turbo and I thought it was awesome.

His car had the optional digital dash which I fell in love with immediately. His car was actually the reason I went on a hunt for a Dodge Daytona with a digital dash and is now my most driven/favorite car to drive in the collection.

Corona virus and work got so busy that I wasn’t able to see him these last 2 years.
God bless his soul. As a Marine I know wherever he is, he’s guarding the streets of heaven.

I always enjoyed his humor and his way with words. Loved the Batwagon too! Never met him but still sad to hear of his passing.

I am sporadic visiting this site and usually don't notice threads like this.
I also don't know too many of us other than our avatars and our 'style' of what we post.
I do remember Jerry's grammar quite well, he caused me to concentrate when reading!:lol:

Ironically, had seen the Batwagon in 'net pictures over the years but didn't know it was his.

Sorry to hear we lost one of the group, esp seeing the high regard you guys had for him.

That’s sad. Seemed like a really awesome dude.

Rest easy, Jer.

Damn it all, I did not know he was that old. I had high hopes of meeting him someday once I retired.

Rest in Peace Jer.

Last edited:
Rest in mopar peace. Hope there's cars to work on in heaven and you've got your wrenches turning.

Back