Blew out booster today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

Reaction score
Contact seller
Anybody deal with Wayne the ramman. He seems to be the only man on the planet that could get me a bendix tandem with the correct flange bolt spacing going through my firewall. Had a single diaphragm Midland-ross.

http://www.theramman.com/

tandembendix4.jpg

blink.gif

Never heard the name.
How did you come across him?

< Sent from my tablet >
Ran across him on the internet in ebay. Seems to know his stuff. Has utube videos about booster and masters, all about mopar.

Saved the address; also has manuals on the website for download under "braking news". :)

I dunno what kind of car you have, but if you had a single, couldn't you just go with the single? why go to the twin diaphragm?

when I did my ECI brake kit, I asked them what booster to change to, and they said 'don't change it'. they were right car stops great with the stock drum single dia booster.

I wonder if anyone has done a GM conversion on our cars....
Those big round shiny thingies sure look close.

I dunno what kind of car you have, but if you had a single, couldn't you just go with the single? why go to the twin diaphragm?

when I did my ECI brake kit, I asked them what booster to change to, and they said 'don't change it'. they were right car stops great with the stock drum single dia booster.
Depends on diameter of the m/c. I am looking for an upgrade, the dual tandem with a big 1 1/8 bore will stop a dump truck. I could stick with the single but a rebuilt one would have me sidelined for about 3 1/2 weeks. If im going to spend the money, for a little more I mine as well upgrade. The 880 has one of the lest leverage ratio pedal you can find on a mopar.

Well, they all work exactly the same so you just make it fit & it will work.

the M/C I got was 1 1/32 bore, 4 bolt body, bolted right onto the booster. Like $14.99 at napa or AZ or wherever I got it.
commando I bet the booster and MC could swap, as long as it sorta fit,,, maybe ECI would even know that answer.
and ya the ECI kit is 79-82 GM Camaro/firebird platform parts.

the M/C I got was 1 1/32 bore, 4 bolt body, bolted right onto the booster. Like $14.99 at napa or AZ or wherever I got it.
commando I bet the booster and MC could swap, as long as it sorta fit,,, maybe ECI would even know that answer.
and ya the ECI kit is 79-82 GM Camaro/firebird platform parts.

Midland and bendix made booster for everyone back then, pretty much all of it is interchangeable in some way, shape or form, pushrod length is usually the only difference. I believe the 880s to have the longest of all mopar pushrods at 5 3/8 back of master to center. If anyone else knows what there measurement is I would love to know, for interchangeablility. You have to be careful with the diameter with some of the cars because of valve covers, heater boxes, etc...

I have heard great things about booster Dewey. I thought he was the only independent re-builder among us!! There have been a ton of discussions about the poor rebuild quality of a1 cardone, and the fact that there mail in and return service you may not even get the same type/or your orig. booster back. The dual diaphragms are so rare that I had a customer last year that needed one and a good used re-build-able one was 275.00 If you send your booster off to Dewey it comes back good as new!! http://boosterdeweyexchange.com/

Did you have your master cylinder rebuilt or is this a new part ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back