NOT MINE Blue 1973 Fury I Philadelphia Police Car. $25,000, Lanoka Harbor NJ.

SportFury70

Reaction score
Here I go again posting an overpriced c-body. I just saw this on marketplace and thought it was cool and somewhat rare so I figured I would share since I did not see it posted here yet, the asking price is ridiculous at $25,000. Maybe take $20,00 off of that, but it has all the tell tale signs of a cop car and the VIN clearly has a K in it. The location of the car is in Lanoka Harbor NJ. Paging Alan (@MrMoparCHP), or Trev @Fury Pursuit here's one for ya guys.

From the ad.......

"Philadelphia history 1 of 16 highway patrol car sitting in garage since 1986"

1973 Plymouth fury one

_nc_ohc=vc-j_Jj_qsYAX-z-GFN&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=v8LlKHCUrb4AX9ZpD_6&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=juxz4rnMi3sAX--P7Mf&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=QEbHMC4SrhUAX8mGX9y&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=dJ27tLTmHy4AX8CyWF5&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=O4KRmQmWIPQAX8EGQqx&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=QqV2vgPns50AX8iMT4f&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=MKTWrr_XV7oAX-FXUrG&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

KQ_PlzrYK8g32KttXJzyEz4SY7H&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=oFteR4L5LkIAX_fA1xn&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=6RPUSeeGtygAX9J9YWa&_nc_ht=scontent-bos5-1.jpg

thanks @ayilar.

looks as real as they get. love to own it. lot of original, in service markings and equipment. "U" code to boot. lot to like here if one is an aficionado of these rigs.

however, a bit "tall" at that ask and current, apparent condition. that ask is more like one might expect for a complete, well-documented, excellent running, restored/survivor.

hope it finds a good home.

Hard to tell but it looks like it might have a white steering wheel as well.

Looks like that one ain't seeing the light of day until the roof falls in on it. Not at $25k askign price, anyway.

Price was recently dropped to $15k. Now if they would just move the comma one place to the left.
It WAS 10k not long ago. Philadelphia PD car, likely to patrol 95 with the 440.
Not sure why the guy thinks his old police cars are worth so much‍♂️

Hard to tell but it looks like it might have a white steering wheel as well.
Negative: has a BLACK steering-wheel, look at 1st photo posted here.

Price was recently dropped to $15k. Now if they would just move the comma one place to the left.
It WAS 10k not long ago. Philadelphia PD car, likely to patrol 95 with the 440.

Reason for bigger $$$ than the former $10k might be that the seller is not a private individual, but an official dealer ;-)

I seem to remember a Philadelphia cop car similar to this, was in a homeowner garage in a state of restoration IIRC, not this car as not a BB, but he really talked it up as something really great. Ya know they are kind of loudmouth grandstanders up there, take it from me as we here in Volusia County FL have a retired(?) ex-Philly Detective as our Sheriff now. Funny thing is when he came down here to get hired on as the Daytona Beach Police Chief I seem to remember that several years before I heard on the news that the Philadelphia police department was under investigation for corruption (when isn't it), supposedly the largest corruption scandal in it's history, heh. Funny business on the way they hired him too, seem after the interview the Mayor & Commissioners mulled it over and then rushed to his hotel to tell him he had the job before he got on his flight to leave town. :realcrazy:

This was all told by himself in a radio talk show in his run-up for Sheriff, seems he didn't do his do diligence with the City either as soon as he was hired he started bitching about the budget and got into a fight over it leading to his exit I take it.
Now he's doing the same with the County, some hate him, some like him, mostly the citizens that pandering to his grandstanding get in front of the TV camera at every moment tactics.

I wondered at first if you were talking about this guy, but he's from Boston.

Screenshot_20220129-164639_IMDb.jpg

Then I remembered this guy - he's from Philly.

poitier3.png

But then I remembered 1 went to GA and the other to Mississippi, neither went to FL. Oh, and they are from my TV anyway...

The seller is a used car dealer in Jersey that specializes in older police cars called Mark's Motors.

I went to his retail location once to look at something he was selling, but it was so long ago that I can't remember what it was. Probably parts, not a car. I got the impression that he had a number of cop cars in storage that were scattered around in various locations.

marks motors 1.JPG

marks motors 2.JPG

Jeff

If he specializes in older police cars, how is he so far wrong on the price.
My impression of his lot is there's not a lot of inventory turns.

A little history I found, while searching for the car that I remembered that was talked up, that one I remembered was with a finish paint job as it just came out of the body shop.
Anyways while searching I found older post on FB about this one. From 2016:

UPDATE.Vintage Police Cars For Sale - Facebook.www.facebook.com0.jpg
UPDATE.Vintage Police Cars For Sale - Facebook.www.facebook.com1.jpg
UPDATE.Vintage Police Cars For Sale - Facebook.www.facebook.com2.jpg

The only difference between the 2016 pictures to now, it seems he cleared away some of the junk so you can walk around the car. (way worse in 2016)

He needs to offer it up with a reasonable price, otherwise that thing will sit where it is. Last i looked it was 15k. Move the decimal to the left one place! A Shame!

Or at least get it outside so people can determine how much it's worth with teh benefit of daylight.

Back