BODY PANEL LOCATION HELP

cawley

Reaction score
Goodmorning my name is Wayne & i do paint & body work. It is very possible that i am going to be doing body & paint work on a 65 polara & need help locating lower rear quarter patch panel & corner brackets that go behind the rear bumper. I attached a picture so you know what im talking about. I was told the the 65 polara is a C body. I my self dont own one. Thank you for your time & help

IMG_20220219_144916.jpg

Hello and welcome. There are no aftermarket patch panels or corners/extensions for our C bodies of that year unfortunately. You are faced with fabricating your own from metal stock or trying to find Rust free parts and cutting and patching with those.

I repaired my 1966 Dodge Monaco quarter panels with full quarters sourced from Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona. While expensive, they were absolutely the best way to go because they saved hours and hours of fabrication and piecemeal welding work.

Desert Valley Auto Part has a search function which is quite easy to use - a few clicks gave me 5 pages of 65 Dodges of various descriptions to scroll through.

any | Search Results | Desert Valley Auto Parts

I've had some luck getting parts for my '70 from AMS Obsolete down in Georgia. My body guy just fabricated the corners for the extensions himself as well as a dutchman panel. Here are pics of what she looked like and after being fixed.

8.6.21 Back of car.jpg

Pauls Pics Pass REAR 4.13.21.jpg

Pauls Pics Pass REAR 2 4.13.21.jpg

Hello and welcome. There are no aftermarket patch panels or corners/extensions for our C bodies of that year unfortunately. You are faced with fabricating your own from metal stock or trying to find Rust free parts and cutting and patching with those.

I repaired my 1966 Dodge Monaco quarter panels with full quarters sourced from Desert Valley Auto Parts in Arizona. While expensive, they were absolutely the best way to go because they saved hours and hours of fabrication and piecemeal welding work.

Desert Valley Auto Part has a search function which is quite easy to use - a few clicks gave me 5 pages of 65 Dodges of various descriptions to scroll through.

Thank you for the reply. The guy who owns the car had a shop put patch panels in but they are from a different year & are not right. I dont even have the originals to go by.

I did find patch panels for it but they are for a 4 door & not sure how different they are.

As Ross stated, Dessert Valley is your best shot. 4 door quarters should be the same for the lower panels.

Again, please note that there are NO aftermarket panels - patch or full that are of any quality. They'll just make more headaches that not. I bought a pair once and they were garbage. Whatever you do, you'll need original parts, either NOS (very hard to come by), or from a donor car from the dry areas in the south west.

Read this thread to get an idea of what I'm referring to:

66 Polara Quarters........... Help!

Goodmorning my name is Wayne & i do paint & body work. It is very possible that i am going to be doing body & paint work on a 65 polara & need help locating lower rear quarter patch panel & corner brackets that go behind the rear bumper. I attached a picture so you know what im talking about. I was told the the 65 polara is a C body. I my self dont own one. Thank you for your time & help

View attachment 516620
Welcome. I think it's thoughtful of you to ask, rather than diving in and creating junk.:thumbsup:
I had to have right side lower quarter fabricated on my 1970 because the aftermarket parts are junk.

Welcome. I think it's thoughtful of you to ask, rather than diving in and creating junk.:thumbsup:
I had to have right side lower quarter fabricated on my 1970 because the aftermarket parts are junk.
just curious what aftermarket site did you even find?

Back