Borgeson Jeep Steer Box Upgrade - anyone done this swap yet?

Oz Sport Fury

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking at this Jeep steer box upgrade Borgeson for our whales, has anyone done this upgrade yet, just after some feed back on what difference it made for their cars.

Steer Box Upgrade

999065.jpg

Yes I have done two swaps on an E-body and a B-body for clients. One promptly returned to have me install the stock firm feel set up. The box makes a pressured hydraulic sound up the steering column. On a c-body it might be better as C-bodies have the rubber isolator joint in the steering column. I would use the kit from Peter Bergman of

Bergman Auto Craft.​

Yes I have done two swaps on an E-body and a B-body for clients. One promptly returned to have me install the stock firm feel set up. The box makes a pressured hydraulic sound up the steering column. On a c-body it might be better as C-bodies have the rubber isolator joint in the steering column. I would use the kit from Peter Bergman of

Bergman Auto Craft.​

[/URL]

Wow thats the same steer box and a lot cheaper!! thanks for the info!

Quicker ratio and firmer feel. Also a bit smaller.
The BAC kit is A well thought out package for Mopar, Peter has developed the correct coupler for the shaft, so no steering columns need to be cut. Two thumbs up.

With the Summit kit you need to cut the steering column. No going back after that if not happy with the feel and sounds.
The Bergman Auto Craft kit is a no cut install.

I had Firm Feel rebuild my steering box to Stage II firmness. One of the best car investments for driving pleasure I have ever made. $765 for steering gear, return valve, and pitman arm. Paid on phone with VISA. Cheaper than $849 with no Pitman Arm

Quicker ratio and firmer feel. Also a bit smaller.
The BAC kit is A well thought out package for Mopar, Peter has developed the correct coupler for the shaft, so no steering columns need to be cut. Two thumbs up.

Been chatting to Peter last couple of days and just ordered a complete kit from him.....The Aussie dollar is crap now, cost me over $1900!!!!! Shipping was $300 incl.

Back