Brake booster and master for 1973 Town&Country

Mikemerkury

Reaction score
Need help finding my options for a new "plug&play" set of brake booster and master for my 73 Town&Country ??? Should i go the rebuilt route or any kits available on the market ?

IMG_20150406_153344.jpg

No reman boosters anymore to my knowledge. I don’t know of kits to rebuild. Don’t throw yours out and send it out now to be rebuilt before they are behind by many weeks. If you find any reman boosters or kits post it up here. Good luck.

The go-to place for to get your booster reman'd was "Booster Dewey". Within the past year, he retired and now it is "Booster ______" at a different location. Sams service and quality, different former employee and location. Should be something on this forum about that.

I've not had any recent master cyl experiences, but shop rockauto.com for brands and prices, then possibly a local source.

Definitely a nice car! Why the concerns about the booster and such? Just curious.
CBODY67

I've not had any recent master cyl experiences, but shop rockauto.com for brands and prices, then possibly a local source.

Definitely a nice car! Why the concerns about the booster and such? Just curious.
CBODY67
Brake booster is shot and was hoping for a quick solution other that sending it to a rebuilt shop. Anyone with feebacks on universal unit sold by Classic Industries : https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1973/chrysler/town_and_country/parts/pb1083b.html

Last edited:
www.powerbrakebooster.com is the location that was originally "Booster Dewey"'s business. Rebuild kits and other things, too. Might need to past that website address into your search engine to get to the particular website.

Best to get your existing items rebuilt, especially the booster, than some generic aftermarket-type kit some place sells. That way, you know how they will perform over the long haul AND have enough capacity to do the job on your car.

In many cases, what is sold by "restoration vendors" are what you can get locally from an auto supply, by observation. Even some of the sketchy brands that are everywhere these days.

Take care,
CBODY67

I had an A Body dual diaphragm rebuilt by Harmon Classic Brakes, a little pricy but otherwise it's beautiful. I had mine replated the gold zinc color-the extra expense. Yours is just painted black, so it shouldn't be to bad.

It may take longer but it's best to have your original booster rebuilt, the engineers at Chrysler did their homework, that's why your wagon has a different booster (Midland Ross) than a sedan or coupe that uses the Bendix brand.

Back