Brake pedal spring

TerryM

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have a picture of the brake pedal setup on a 65 fury. Auto. My parts book and manual don’t seem to show a detailed view of where the large spring hooks up. I’m needing to source a spring at some stage too as mine has been mixed up with the zinc plating and will probably break at some stage down the track. I took well over 500 pics as I was pulling the car apart but not a detailed close up of the pedal assembly. Cheers Terry

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone have a picture of the brake pedal setup? My parts book and manual don’t seem to show a detailed view of where the large spring hooks up. I’m needing to source a spring at some stage too as mine has been mixed up with the zinc plating and will probably break at some stage down the track. I took well over 500 pics as I was pulling the car apart but not a detailed close up of the pedal assembly. Cheers Terry
No spring on the brake pedal the mater cylinder on manual brakes has spring. On power brakes it is in the booster. You do not want the pedal traveling back away from the pushrods in booster, nor do you want it pulling back away from the master cylinder piston on a manual brake.

No spring on the brake pedal the mater cylinder on manual brakes has spring. On power brakes it is in the booster. You do not want the pedal traveling back away from the pushrods in booster, nor do you want it pulling back away from the master cylinder piston on a manual brake.
Ahh ok thank you. Mines power brakes.

What year you working on bud?

And did you mean that monster clutch spring on the whole pedal assembly on a 4 speed car?

I’m washing the car right now sos I’ll take a peek. Mines a `69 power drum.

What year you working on bud?

And did you mean that monster clutch spring on the whole pedal assembly on a 4 speed car?

I’m washing the car right now sos I’ll take a peek. Mines a `69 power drum.
Sorry mate it’s a 65 sport fury auto.

Well mine ain’t gonna help then. What you can do is email Mr Ehrenberg the tech editor at Mopar Action magazine this guy has more factory blueprint type diagrams than anybody. He’s always happy to share. You can expect something like this...

A7FB4052-D3A3-45BB-99D5-333DA8DD52D6.jpeg

Back