Bringing home another 73 Imperial

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I took my Tux out for a test fitting this afternoon.
Its a snug fit but looks like it will do for the occasion.
The fitting was needed for trailer fit to bring home Brownie, a nice 73 brown w/black interior Imperial.
With some love and twisting, I hope to have it driving again after a many year slumber.
I will post more when the date arrives.

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

The one you will be bringing home appears to be tawny gold. Tell us more about it, like how many miles, any rust or other issues? You find nice ones....................

I will post pics and info when I go to collect Brownie this weekend.
It is a very solid complete car, just very dusty from sitting for years, interior very dusty dirty from storage time.
The body looks very solid and original.

Ok, Brownie has been home for a while now. Holidays, work and getting Brownie running took up the time till now.
Brownie received a big blast washing before being allowed into the shop.
Interior scrubbed with vinegar, simple green disinfectant and steam cleaner to bring out a pretty nice interior. There are a couple of flaws in the rear, two seams have split, but other then that its a pretty solid interior, the cushions are firm and padded as they should be, unlike my Tux where the drivers seat is like a flat tire. I have posted a few videos of Brownie on youtube, very far from a professional video shoot. But you will get the idea. I wanted to post photos here of the car, but the new system asks me to resize the photos now, I was able to drag and drop with no issues earlier on the previous system.
I am not into the resizing each photo thing as I have far too much wrenching and living to get done while I can.
Here is a link to my Youtube channel with Brownies vids.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikM9WMXnEF_aMMrFZoiJtw

Last edited:
Good news. Brownie has been sold to a very enthusiastic gentleman, he indents to do a full restoration on Brownie and he is very happy with his purchase.
Here is Brownie tucked away during our big snow day.

IMG_0705.JPG

Back