Bucket seat/Console ideas for a 72 Fury wagon ?

f1967franche

Reaction score
Anyone ever try to swap their factory bench seat with bucket seats and say a console on the floor between the two bucket seats? If so- what year Mopars would have say low back bucket seats and floor consoles that would fit the contour of the transmission hump/floor in a 72 Fury wagon or any wagon around that era (69, 70, 71, 72, 73-etc.)?

Just toying around with some ideas for swapping seats. I just swapped my Gray seats in my 2015 Toyota Tacoma with salvaged Sand Beige ones( this color seems to be a rarity in Tacomas) , love the seats, the recline option and how they hug ya so it got me thinking :)

Thanks for any feedback.

Frank
Stevensville, MD

i have buckets & functional console shift in my 71 Fury wagon.
buckets and console came from a 69 sport fury 2dr.
the upholstery pattern isnt the same so most of the time i keep the back seat folded down.
my car was originally built with 50/50 seats so i didnt need to drill extra holes for the buckets.
the 69 buckets are low back with headrest.
71 & on are high backs.
i had a set of white high backs i was going to use but then i got the 69 sport fury parts car which had a green interior like the interior of my wagon so i used them instead.
it is still a work in progress but i drive the car in the summer.

20180526_173608.jpg

20180526_173834.jpg

20190708_132837_resized.jpg

20190708_132848_resized.jpg

Oh- nice. Thanks so much for the pictures and feedback Marko. This is perfect. Now I need to just keep an eye out for anyone parting out 60-73 or so Fury 2, 4 doors and maybe I'll be able to score the console and mounting fixtures. Very cool.

What was used for the mounting supports for the console? Did they come from the parts car?

Just curious,
CBODY67

Another option is the faux buckets bench they offered in the 70's

What was used for the mounting supports for the console? Did they come from the parts car?

Just curious,
CBODY67

yes, we cut the tunnel out with brackets on.
next step is to paint the floors and new carpet

I bought enough NOS Newport seat material to redo my factory bench, and make two custom buckets for my 66 T&C, using 66 300 buckets as cores - all with the idea of having the choice between a custom buckets and console or bench seat interior.

I'll use the correct vinyl and cloth centres to match the bench seat design, and I have a spare console which I'll use with a 4 speed top and the rare rare rare shifter delete plate. That way I can keep my column shift T&T column, and it will be a simple bolt in affair to swap it all out - carefully cutting the holes in the carpet and using the console brackets screwed to the floor pan rather than bolted. Peel up the carpet, unscrew the brackets, tuck the lighting and lighter wires under the carpet, place the carpet back down with a bit of velcro help, and Bob'syeruncle, back to bench seat setup. Once I have everything ready to go, it will take about 1/2 an hour or so to do the swap.

I bet only a few of you have actually seen a for-real console shift delete plate. The console plate and the delete plate will have woodgrain applied - I believe there was even a rarer than rare woodgrain applique for the shifter delete plate listed in the parts book...they were made ribbed for Chrysler applications, and then there was a brushed aluminum finish plate for Dodge, and woodgrain for Plymouth Fury and Canadian Monaco/Polara. My T&C has woodgrain on the dash, so I prefer the woodgrain look for the trim out.

20170824_215132.jpg
CONSOLE SHIFT DELETE PLATE 1.jpg
CONSOLE SHIFT DELETE PLATE 2.jpg

Nice. Thanks for the information, Ross.
For me- one idea I had would be to find one or two donor consoles, trim out the center and somehow make a nice, recessed area for one's phone, maybe cupholder or two (maybe combine stuff from a modern car into the console like a small USB port (as these consoles have lights so must be wiring involved) and make it a bit more functional for all the crap we carry around with us these days.

For the floor console reverse switch plug, is that available repro? I couldnt find one.
I am not sure about that but did see a nice set of bucket/bench seats with factory console/armrest in a early 2000's Ford truck at the salvage yard the other day so might have to take some measurements and see about fitting that in my wagon as the fabric is really nice and decent contours to the seat to hold one in place while driving.

Hey Frank...I am putting 68 fury buckets seats into my 69 and adding standard B-C console. Looks like Marko's. Added rear courtesy lights after dremmeling out the pot metal on the rear plate. The made my own wood grain shifter knob. I'll make you one! The consoles and parts are reproduced and have a glove box to store stuff in. But $pendy. I added some USB ports inside for phone, etc just like you suggested. You can find the mounting brackets but let me suggest you make your own wherever the console fits the best. For the console I had an idea that I would get used top plates, which are what stand out, and make the base with wood. If I hated it, I still have the top plates. Like this used shifter surround that doesnt have the storage box cover and plastic portions so you could add in their place a cup holder with elbow rest. Like this?? maybe.

1660654641285.png
+
1660654406349.png

1660652878564.png
1660652894978.png
1660652914838.png
1660652929332.png
1660652942567.png

Back