C body 1970 plastic reproduction Sweden

the name of the material they use making weatherstrips would be great to know. I have been looking for the correct material

Hi Bob, THANKS for helping the c-body people. Not sure if it's profitable, but it sure is appreciated! My vote is this Instrument Panel Speedo Cover for 1970 Plymouth Fury. (1969 and 71 may also be same part? Had a 69 Dodge, definitely different. Not sure about Chryslers.) I have 2 of these covers. Both are water damaged. Droplet marks and scratches. Wolfen says I can clean them up with toothpaste. Gary knows his stuff. Yet, would be nice to start out with a brand new one, preferably with a moisture resistant coating - although I admit, I never drive my convertible in the rain. Part number looks to be 04091. Sorry Bob. I don't have a spare to send to Sweden. My dash is still in the car, so I still need to see which of mine cleans up best. If someone else has one, I'd be happy to chip in on shipping. Ben
20170917_141354.jpg

20170917_141332.jpg

20170917_141115.jpg

Hi Bob, THANKS for helping the c-body people. Not sure if it's profitable, but it sure is appreciated! My vote is this Instrument Panel Speedo Cover for 1970 Plymouth Fury. (1969 and 71 may also be same part? Had a 69 Dodge, definitely different. Not sure about Chryslers.) I have 2 of these covers. Both are water damaged. Droplet marks and scratches. Wolfen says I can clean them up with toothpaste. Gary knows his stuff. Yet, would be nice to start out with a brand new one, preferably with a moisture resistant coating - although I admit, I never drive my convertible in the rain. Part number looks to be 04091. Sorry Bob. I don't have a spare to send to Sweden. My dash is still in the car, so I still need to see which of mine cleans up best. If someone else has one, I'd be happy to chip in on shipping. Ben
View attachment 143630
View attachment 143631
View attachment 143632
That isn't the part number. Also, are you sure it was just water that left those marks on the lens? Plastic polish should clean that up, unless it's really bad.

View attachment 143630
View attachment 143631
View attachment 143632
I'd fix that one. IMHO, a good restored original is always better than any repop.

I'd use a Meguiars headlight kit Meguiars Headlight & Clear Plastic Restoration Kit, Meguiars G1900, headlight polish kit, restore yellow headlights, plastx polish kit, meguiars and follow it up with Meguiars #17 plastic cleaner or use Meguiars #10 plastic polish and then #17. MEGUIARS #17 & #10 Auto Plastic Cleaner & Plastic Polish: Clean and clarify clear plastic automotive surfaces with meguiars plastic care detailing

That isn't the part number. Also, are you sure it was just water that left those marks on the lens? Plastic polish should clean that up, unless it's really bad.
I'm not sure of anything. It has droplet marks, scratch marks, and a little hazing. The worst is in the lower left corner. From what I can see, the convertible's speedo cover has more droplet marks, but less of the other. My 69 Monaco also had droplet marks.

A test of the lens material and its perfect!
To sad the molding had a reaction so a new one will be made.
A new supplyer of material helping us to find the best materials and even talking about the washer bottle repop

IMG_20171004_201008.jpg

IMG_20171004_201017.jpg

1970 Fury Lens clean up. Wollfen Gary's tip: toothpaste and a rag followed by car polish and rag cleaned off almost all the haze and water marks. I followed with a little Meguiar's Quick Detailer for a finishing touch.
20171008_174907.jpg

Soon trying a new supplier and new material
Since my girlfriend stays home to take care of our child its my salary we have to live on at the moment :)
feel free to send me a little support for the materials and we can see these lenses new again :)
One of the forum members sent me a washer bottle 1970 that we are looking to make a mold from.

PayPal: sara_@mail.com

Thank you Tony

Back