SOLD C body disc brake setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

66/72RAB

Reaction score
Contact seller
brake rotors.jpg

C body disc brake set up as pictured. Bought these to use on my car but would not work with stock 14" wheels, they require 15" wheels. The calipers are single piston style and date coded 1972. Wheel studs on left side are left hand thread. I can deliver to the CNY Mopar show or to Carlisle. Asking for $150.00. I can take additional pictures if anybody is interested. Thanks

If there are left hand thread studs on the left side assembly then these are most likely from a 1970 C Body. The rotors appear to be the 2 piece set up. Suggest you add a photo of the back side of the assembly so that folks know exactly what they are buying.

If there are left hand thread studs on the left side assembly then these are most likely from a 1970 C Body. The rotors appear to be the 2 piece set up. Suggest you add a photo of the back side of the assembly so that folks know exactly what they are buying.
-69 had "wrong hand threads", 70 was all same.

I have a 68 Newport 4dr with 14 inch wheels... just curious...
A Question for the group: If I want disc brakes, will I be forced to go to 15 inch wheels? I think I have read to stay away from discs from 68 because parts are a nightmare...

I have a 68 Newport 4dr with 14 inch wheels... just curious...
A Question for the group: If I want disc brakes, will I be forced to go to 15 inch wheels? I think I have read to stay away from discs from 68 because parts are a nightmare...

You definitely don't want anything to do with those Budd brakes.

The 69-73 discs require 15" wheels. After you drive it with a set of 235/70/15 tires on it, you won't miss the 14's.

The Budd brakes used 15" wheels as well so if you are wanting to maintain an original appearance you could hunt down a set of original 68 disc brake wheel covers.

Kevin

Hi Mario
Agree with Kevin. You will need 15" rims with disc brakes
I don't think the conversion would be that bad. You probably have a dual reservoir master cyl, so you can change over to disc brake master cyl and use same brake lines.
Any of the 69-73 Chrysler set ups should be bolt-in, as far as spindle and caliper mounts.
Good luck. Ben

You definitely don't want anything to do with those Budd brakes.

The 69-73 discs require 15" wheels. After you drive it with a set of 235/70/15 tires on it, you won't miss the 14's.

The Budd brakes used 15" wheels as well so if you are wanting to maintain an original appearance you could hunt down a set of original 68 disc brake wheel covers.

Kevin
Yes, some better freeway cruising and stopping power sounds good. I love the stock wheel covers .. guess I've got a new mission to find some

I Did the conversion on my 68 sport suburban wagon. I used everything from a 73 Plymouth sport suburban wagon except the brake booster. I got the distribution block also and brake lines to master cylinder and front calipers.i replaced the rotors, bearings, calipers and master cyclinder and rubber lines with brand new parts from Rock Auto. I think the cost was somewhere around $600.00 for everything. I bought all the original parts from CT'S Auto Ranch in Texas parts were pretty clean the lower ball joints were like brand new just cleaned everything up and painted with chassis paint. Car stops great and the best part is parts are still readily available if anything needs replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back