C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this is the wheel and tire thread but I gotta say, Monacos sported some of the greatest lookin wheel covers. My 65, the 66 and 69 models in particular.

hey chief .. recall the most popular survey choice was whatever came from the factory. of course, you can put whatever wheel/tire combo here you like and its all good IMHO :).

i have been putting up the non-factory stuff because of numerous available pics of the original factory but intended thread to cover whatever people like.

1968 Chrysler 300

P.png

Found this photo of a 1970 Polara Custom 2dr in a 2014 thread from another forum. @Fratzog contributed to that thread at the time, so he may know the owner or the car. The owner had planned on changing the wheels to TT, but from pics I have of the car in 2020, it looks like he settled for painting them black. I like body-color better.

The car's owner back in 2014 was based in Flin Flon, Manitoba. The unique name of that place was one key clue that it is an early sight of FM23G0D327189 (yes, the VIN starts with an F, decoded tag here), a late-build Canadian-market EA4 Polara that was for sale last spring. The other clue was the "custom" bubble roof. If anyone is interested in the car's history in 2014-2020, I can provide some of it.

9086d1410953329-1970-dodge-polara-custom-image-jpg.jpg

9084d1410895385-new-canuck-polara.jpg

@71Polara383 @Rustyrodknocker @'69FuryIIIConvertible @cbarge @Dobalovr @Welder guy

Last edited:
Found this photo of a 1970 Polara Custom 2dr in a 2014 thread from another forum. @Fratzog contributed to that thread at the time, so he may know the owner or the car.

The car's owner back in 2014 was based in Flin Flon, Manitoba -- which was one key clue that it is an early sight of FM23G0D327189 (yes, the VIN starts with an F, decoded tag here), a late-build Canadian-market EA4 Polara that was for sale last spring. Assuming I am right (and I am 100% sure that I am, cue the roof window), if anyone is interested in the car's history in 2014-2020, I can provide it.

View attachment 435089
View attachment 435090

@71Polara383 @Rustyrodknocker @'69FuryIIIConvertible @cbarge @Dobalovr @Welder guy

I'm interested in the story. I suspect that the car is still in the region or somebody negotiated storage until boundaries opened up. When I messaged the owner you could not enter from out of province.
I really liked the car. Minus that roof vent hatch anyway.

Since I'm in here, yesterday I put 235/70r15 on 8 wide and 275/70 r15 cooper cobra on a 10 wide aftermarket cop wheel with shody Plymouth center caps. These were the wheels that were originally on the car when I bought it.
20210129_162819.jpg

Same car, different wheels I think. This car appears to be in Europe. 1976 Royal Monaco. Guess I rather do the TT's with RWLs (Not shown)

S.png
R.png

1970 Polara (a bit lowered)
A bit? :rolleyes: This said, it is a 1970 Monaco with a 1970 Polara grille.

1970 Monaco
1970 Polara

Seriously, thank you for the pictures and for including the year and model of the cars. Makes it much easier to search the thread for ideas!

Here is a 1972 Newport Custom. I am usually all for originality, but this one looks great:

1972-chrysler-newport-custom-2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another non-original yet nice choice on a 1971 Polara Custom (the photo below is from the eBay sale in Germany). Here also, the black in the wheels/tires complement the top:

_573-jpg.jpg

Back