C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
00-3.jpg
00-2-7.jpg

So , Im at Carlisle on the "back" row at a vendor I visit whenever im there. The guy says hello to me and says to his buddy. Thats Dave, one of the biggest C body guys there is. I tried to sell him the Black Monaco but he didnt bite. The other guy says, " I did too, twice but he didnt want it", now its over seas".

One of five I let get away :BangHead:

So , Im at Carlisle on the "back" row at a vendor I visit whenever im there. The guy says hello to me and says to his buddy. Thats Dave, one of the biggest C body guys there is. I tried to sell him the Black Monaco but he didnt bite. The other guy says, " I did too, twice but he didnt want it", now its over seas".

One of five I let get away :BangHead:
Bad timing? Not your color? Too much $$$? I'm sure there was a reason you didn't jump.

The regret of a practical decision is bound to hit any of us who love/want these cars.

It's a Monaco and I'm not fond of the seats. . . Every time I see a photo I think" I probably should have " .
No regrets however, where would I have kept all those cars

It's a Monaco and I'm not fond of the seats. . . Every time I see a photo I think" I probably should have " .
No regrets however, where would I have kept all those cars

shoot man.. sorry. i just grabbed the photos off the internet cuz it was obviously a real nice car. darn internet doesn't forget anything. glad you're over it :)

update: google search of the image leads right back here just over four years ago. started with a different car Ithe $1900 one) and further into the thread the black one came up.

1971 dodge monaco coupe - $1900

Last edited:
cool car ... cannot get there with dogdishes on it.. Alleged to be the Peruvian President's limo. Apparently he's got two of them.

00-2-1-1.jpg
00-2-1-2.jpg
00-2-3.jpg

Last edited:
I put these two together given similar treatment .. the exposed lug look isnt working for me for these cars. Nice looking rides otherwise.

00-2-4.jpg
00-2-5.jpg

Last edited:
think about putting your car on here afterward. love to see it :)
It'll post a pic of it afterwards. Im trying to get it ready to drive to the July Daytona race so I'm doing a complete suspension rebuild, changing every pump, hose, belt, etc. and also doing an ignition upgrade. It'll still be ugly but at least it'll be dependable.

IMG_0204.JPG
It'll post a pic of it afterwards. Im trying to get it ready to drive to the July Daytona race so I'm doing a complete suspension rebuild, changing every pump, hose, belt, etc. and also doing an ignition upgrade. It'll still be ugly but at least it'll be dependable.
Here's a better pic as it sits

you investin and keepin her going .. that's all any of can do with our C's. take care of 'em long enough for another generation to enjoy them. good luck :)

I joined FCBO to understand some of the comments made about the wheel/tire choice on one of MY cars. It was fine .. it wasn't contentious, I wasn't defensive, but people had various opinions, pro and con.

Since then, I have seen many observations here about wheel/tire choices seen on C-bodies. Most recently, it was this one (not mine) that just sold - some folks preferred OEM style whitewalls, some folks liked it "as-is", etc.:

View attachment 109568

So, here's a survey question: Which wheels and tires do you like on C-bodies?

Even if you don't post anything, please try to take time to vote?

Survey will run for TWO months (or until it fizzles out, whichever is sooner), you get to vote on one, two, or three responses out of the four choices, you can change your votes later, and the survey result percentages will be public.

The last survey choice is intended to indicate "people will do whatever they want -- their car, their money -- so I might like it, I might not".

I tried to keep it simple and short. I didn't eliminate the "slammed cars" (I like some of 'em), the "donks" (I wouldn't do that) or "monster truck wheels/tires" (I wouldn't do that) for example .. somebody might like those looks and they can vote accordingly.

Feel free to post pics of things you like, or things you wouldn't do .. but can we please refrain from any NEGATIVE PERSONAL comments (e.g., "that car is stupid and so is its owner") that aren't really needed to make our opinions known? This is intended to be informative and interesting.

If folks participate, I think I know how this will turn out. I have written down the percentages I think we'll see .. but I could be surprised. :)
[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has suggested this particular wheel option, but I'm thinking that if one could find the wheel covers, it would be somewhat unique:

get-attachment.jpg

get-attachment.jpg

Since I'm planning on doing a disc brake upgrade anyway, a set of four Chrysler 15" steel wheels and these wheel covers would be pretty neat.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone has suggested this particular wheel option, but I'm thinking that if one could find the wheel covers, it would be somewhat unique:

get-attachment.asp

Since I'm planning on doing a disc brake upgrade anyway, a set of four Chrysler 15" steel wheels and these wheel covers would be pretty neat.

At post #106 .. there's a mention of this cover in connection with disc brakes. Basically same recommendation as your exisitng plan for an OEM disc-brake wheel cover.

Your post is a clearer shot of that wheel cover. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back