C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Heavy Metal

more than meets the eye ...

00-1-2-4.jpg
00-1-2-3.jpg

OK, here's my 2 cents. Everyone has their own opinion and if everyone had the same taste it would be a very boring world.

My opinion:

-If you run stock/OEM wheel covers & wheels and your car is a 1961 or older = please use wide whites
-If you run stock/OEM wheel covers & wheels and your car is 1962 or newer = please use thin line white walls
-If you are running white letter tires = 1983 called and they want their tires back...the only cool white lettered tires are stencil painted on...aka drag tires/slicks
-If you are running aftermarket wheels = please stick with a classic 5 spoke/5 window wheel & blackwalls...and billet wheels are way out of style
-If you are running aftermarket wheels and want to upsize = C Bodies are really BIG cars and 18"(front) & 20"(rear) wheels look great IF you get the stance right (they have to be tucked and the wheelwell filled)…& NO DONK action (THE dumbest trend/fad ever)
-If you are running aftermarket wheels and put some cheapo "Boat Trailer" wheels on it you're an idiot...why would someone spend $10K+ on bodywork/paint/restoration and ruin a nice car with $20 dollar a piece wheels is crazy too me...don't be a cheap ***. When picking out custom wheels and you've seen them on ANY trailer, DO NOT put them on your car.

There are rare/certain situations that don't follow my rules, but for the most part they do.

Remember that stance is #1 followed by tire/wheel selection.

I will also say that Slabs & Fuselages look awesome with a 18"/20" combo, but with Formals you're are kind of stuck with OEM wheels & thin stripe whitewall tires. I have yet to see a Formal with larger diameter rolling stock that looks good.

:D

Last edited:
Back