Cali to Texas road trip

sounds like a great trip, and a fine bunch of Forward look's.
My trip there was 2000 miles in 3 days. What a hole in the wall !!!

The 61 I got was said/shown on video to have all kinds extra parts in trunk.
A/C,engine parts,headlight rings etc.
When I got there trunk was cleaned out and when I asked about it the auction company said that they went through cars removing loose parts that they determined were not included in auction with with car?$&@$&@
I know of at least 2 other buyers that this happened to. VERY shady business practices of auction company. Second pic shows parts trunk lid was lying ground with cleaned out trunk
This company definitely was a buyer beware kind of outfit... as much as they liked to play on their BJ backgrounds, they have done nothing but damage their own name as well as cast a shadow on BJ due to their association.

I did good with my purchases, no cars, but couldn't have done it without Will's help picking up the stuff... I dare not think about what shipping would have cost or how poorly the stuff may have been handled.

I honestly feel they did they family and the cars a disservice by not doing more to correct the titles. Of course the deceased is the one who really created that mess, and no point kicking him.

This "hoard" should have been given a bit more time and a lot more attention to proper sorting and marketing before the sale. It was nuts that they crashed their own website due to the large number of last minute bid lots created, AND I would be very disappointed had I bought one of those car they had stated would come with the wheel cover sets they later removed and list separately.

[QUOTE="cantflip,
This "hoard" should have been given a bit more time and a lot more attention to proper sorting and marketing before the sale.

I agree with you Jeff. But the sorting of lots by uninformed personal and the poor marketing on the auction site probably contributed to some of the bargain price's. I took a few risks during bidding but was fortunate things turned out well. I think there were many folks who backed off bidding due to uncertainty, not willing to take the risk.
Once I had won enough items to warrant a trip there I stepped up to the plate on a few more lots.

There was some talk of second auction for some of the things unsold.
The were some cars sold in auction but not picked up or paid for

The best car there was IMO was this 76 caprice conv that had only 800 miles on it. Never registered from dealer
E9F02DB2-CFB3-4AD2-B75F-02726BF65BE5.jpeg
4BDDFD2B-8B7A-4EEF-8873-B827EF5C99AE.jpeg
4259AFE8-49DE-47F2-B8A3-F39D65D6AC16.jpeg

I believe the sale price was 27k

The 61 I got was said/shown on video to have all kinds extra parts in trunk.
A/C,engine parts,headlight rings etc.
When I got there trunk was cleaned out and when I asked about it the auction company said that they went through cars removing loose parts that they determined were not included in auction with with car?$&@$&@
I know of at least 2 other buyers that this happened to. VERY shady business practices of auction company. Second pic shows parts trunk lid was lying ground with cleaned out trunk
Yea that's a crock that you got shortchanged on the 'Junk In The Trunk' you could pursue legal action but it would cost you more in legal fees and time than the rusty parts are worth and many would question your sanity lol. Maybe that was another reason why they didn't have people attend a live on site auction.

I remember during the live feed of the auction that the auctioneer stated that if you don't see the missing trim pieces on a car you were bidding on that you could come back the next day and bid on the trim lots for your missing pieces.... WTF :realcrazy: :icon_fU:

[QUOTE="cantflip,
This "hoard" should have been given a bit more time and a lot more attention to proper sorting and marketing before the sale.

I agree with you Jeff. But the sorting of lots by uninformed personal and the poor marketing on the auction site probably contributed to some of the bargain price's. I took a few risks during bidding but was fortunate things turned out well. I think there were many folks who backed off bidding due to uncertainty, not willing to take the risk.
Once I had won enough items to warrant a trip there I stepped up to the plate on a few more lots.
Thank you again... without knowing you'd be there to pick up, I wouldn't have bought much at all from them. :thumbsup:

There was some talk of second auction for some of the things unsold.
The were some cars sold in auction but not picked up or paid for
they locked down a CC to register to bid, I'm surprised they failed to collect, but maybe THAT says something abut how bogus their marketing was.

Cool pictures! I love the atmosphere and the style a lot. The car also looks gorgeous, so I think it was a great trip for you all.
Do you know where I can also purchase a car like this? I am not a professional and don’t know which model to choose; I just want a car in more or less good condition that would look like an old Cadillac. I used to travel by train from dbfahrplan.com before, and I didn’t need to worry about the route and the stare about the vehicle. But now, I will have to be attentive and consider all these factors. I hope I will manage; the freedom will be worth the nerves.

Last edited:
Back