Can Anyone Show Me a Photo of Their 65 Fury Horn on the Radiator Support?

Henrius

Reaction score
The broken horn was taken off the car and lost, and I can't remember how it was mounted. I located the mounting holes in the radiator support on the passenger side.

I bought a NOS horn off E-Bay that was supposedly for a Plymouth Fury. The horns' mounting brackets were bent at a 90 degree angle, so the horns had to be pointing forward. Problem is, this did not clear the grill in front.

I am thinking the OEM Fury horns had a straight bracket and the horn outlets pointed left and right. I would appreciate anyone setting me straight, preferably with a photo.

If I can find the right horn, I have got a beautiful NOS horn to sell to someone with the right application car!

I would have thought all 65's would be the same. Here's my 65 300. The horns are on the back side of the rad support.

View attachment 173317

048.JPG

060.JPG

They actually sit behind the rad support in the engine bay to protect them from water.

Maybe THAT is why they would not fit in front! But if I recall, the tack-welded nuts are BEHIND the radiator support, which made me believe they were mounted in FRONT!

Back