Can someone tell the name of those rims?

you can make a mock up with the offset of your rims to see first . my americans have a lot of positive i put a b body re under it for better tire clearance .

but my 65 880 rag i ran the same rims with 225/70's all around with a small mod , rounded the rear wheel house up . stock re . she's waiting in the wings .

DSC08184.JPG

Hey, I am German too!

The problem is that any wheels or tire size change he will need to have papers for that show that they are tested for his car and then have an inspection done and have the cars papers changed (if you have a good inspector that knows his stuff but thats rare). On top of it if he wants to retain his classic registration the car needs to be original as far as i know.

Germany is not a good country to customize your car, steeringwheel change without inspection and papercorrections means the car lost its license to be operated on public roads.
Thanks, we know. As you probably have read above:

1. 225/70/15 is an original tire size that I'm about to restore because mine are too small (so getting closer to a historically correct car).
2. I am also about to change the rear end because mine is currently from a Chevy (so getting even closer to a historically correct car).
3. The new diff ratio will compensate the new tire size. So no speedometer adjustment is needed.

Of course, I will have a Einzelabnahme at the MOT (TÜV) and will do all the paperwork at the DMV. But this shouldn't be a problem, since all parts to be installed are original and, as you can see in my calculations above, 5% larger wheels (it' 5,4% actually) & 7,5% shorter diff ratio equals in 2,5% more speedo display, which is within the legally allowed range of up to plus 7% (meaning speedo may show 7% more than actually driven).

well my 383 in my 65 880 was a stock two bbl lower end with a 130k on it . i put a solid cam , twin fours , headers , 75 440 heads , 2.76 re final drive gear , it could do 120 in second at 6k rpm , with high gear still there for more speed . it was a fun sleeper . and remember that tires set with some flat spot on the bottom and won't get round on the bottom until you get to big speeds . so your figures are based on a full round tire . and the lower the air pressure in the tire , the shorter it is .

well my 383 in my 65 880 was a stock two bbl lower end with a 130k on it . i put a solid cam , twin fours , headers , 75 440 heads , 2.76 re final drive gear , it could do 120 in second at 6k rpm , with high gear still there for more speed . it was a fun sleeper . and remember that tires set with some flat spot on the bottom and won't get round on the bottom until you get to big speeds . so your figures are based on a full round tire . and the lower the air pressure in the tire , the shorter it is .
Personally, I don't care whether it is 1% more or less. Only German MOT and DMV do care and I want to do whats legally correct, not physically. They put it on a roll and check the accuracy. And looking at the charts, my new combination fits the old one, so I'm fine. Insurance only looks at what's in the papers.

i do understand , some states here are sticklers on oem equipment . unless its was a option by the factory . dealership mods can be rejected . i have noted that chrysler corp had their options on vehicles , and dealerships offer more optional platforms .

Back