Canadians bought doctor diff green bearing kit?

Was there duties that fedex or another company had to broker and it cost alot of money?

• no it came and no problems

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cartel

Reaction score
If a company in the states collects the $6 GST and has the broker in place, there are no extra fees to pay.
But if the company says bearing, the price and just drops it into a mailbox THEN fedex or ups has the collect the $6 GST tax, they charge you up to $80 for that service.
Sometimes stuff just sails thru and sometimes it dont and it costs us and for no good reason except the seller didnt do the paperwork.

Like rock auto or digikey, they collect the measly $6 or $3, whatever the 5% comes to and the broker agrees and everything is gravy.

I need that bearing kit but I dont need to double the cost for no good reason.

If a company in the states collects the $6 GST and has the broker in place, there are no extra fees to pay.
But if the company says bearing, the price and just drops it into a mailbox THEN fedex or ups has the collect the $6 GST tax, they charge you up to $80 for that service.
Sometimes stuff just sails thru and sometimes it dont and it costs us and for no good reason except the seller didnt do the paperwork.

Like rock auto or digikey, they collect the measly $6 or $3, whatever the 5% comes to and the broker agrees and everything is gravy.

I need that bearing kit but I dont need to double the cost for no good reason.
Why not just replace your worn bearings with the stock units? Stock units are very reliable and are usually good for 100k.

Dave

On the original question. Never had to pay any duties on parts sold in the US, but I have been hit with inconsistent brokerage fees on parts. UPS the worst, Fed ex is less but it's there.
Tax yes, but that is everywhere.
I have my parts shipped to my Niagara Falls NY address if I cant get up here. Then I drive down and bring my accumulated orders back in one load. Rock auto must have pre clearance with customs, they ship faster then my local guy can get sometimes. Two things that keep me driving across to Niagara is the order will be held up at customs if from small business or private seller, and then the crazy brokerage fee the carriers charge.
I often hear guys going on about how they had to pay duties on a shipment, when it was really a brokerage fee from the carrier.

On the original question. Never had to pay any duties on parts sold in the US, but I have been hit with inconsistent brokerage fees on parts. UPS the worst, Fed ex is less but it's there.
Tax yes, but that is everywhere.
I have my parts shipped to my Niagara Falls NY address if I cant get up here. Then I drive down and bring my accumulated orders back in one load. Rock auto must have pre clearance with customs, they ship faster then my local guy can get sometimes. Two things that keep me driving across to Niagara is the order will be held up at customs if from small business or private seller, and then the crazy brokerage fee the carriers charge.
I often hear guys going on about how they had to pay duties on a shipment, when it was really a brokerage fee from the carrier.
right so if dr diff doesnt broker the items then we get hit, hard.
I cant cross the border.
I dont want to use the stock stuff, I'd have to locate new retainer plates and if it leaks again new shoes. the mo400 kit is plenty for me.
68-3-2.jpg

Last edited:
When ordering ask the seller who they use for shipping. Tell them your preference tgat has the lowest shipping cost and no brokerage fees.
Why not USPS?
I agree UPS are crooks. Got burned on a set of 25.00 tailight assemblies...68.00 brokrrage fee.
Fedex is not so bad.
I also have a US drop off box.
Big savings where 90% vendors ship free within US.
Small items I get sent Fedex ir USPS into Canada with fair shipping costs.
Hope this helps.

I think Dr diff uses Fedex. You will get charged tax and a FedEx fee on top of delivery.
The service buliten is referring to a rare problem in 68. I would rather have wide roller bearings than narrow balls supporting my car. But the greens are a cheaper way to go.

The green bearings are fine, and in no way are they lighter duty, or the "cheap" way out. They guy in the mustang has no idea i am running the green bearings.

I got a buddy in WA state to order them for me. He can scoot over for me.
I just am extra careful now with it comes to buying from companies that dont have a broker.

As for the green bearings, these are the mo400 with the c-clip that is improved and no issues to daily it.
The old version you couldn't turn left or right. I would have used the factory parts but its just easier and less parts to do it this way.
This car had all brand new brakes and lines in it but the rear shoes are soaked and I dont want to take a chance of having a distorted seal or dealing with it leaking again. I hope this gets it done.

I was just wondering what the rate of success was for Canada buyers. Nothing against DR Diff. Prices are great and for US buyers its $79 to your door.

Its the shippers that charge crazy fees to get the $6 GST that could have been paid at checkout.

Last edited:
Back