Carburetor questions

Well to me this is more like a luxury cruiser than a street racer, as this is a big body vehicle. I do like the effortless driving of a big engine with a smooth turnkey carburetor more so than a carburetor that is temperamental to say the least. I guess it’s a matter of choice like always, and no ones right or wrong just a matter of preference

The factory Holleys on our NYer's are 625CFM per the FSM. The 650 I would have to think would be fine. I actually prefer the stock Holley that cam on my car, but you cannot apply very light throttle. It dies every time. It sure can make parking in a tight place a challenge. Or creeping up in city traffic, fortunately I don't have to do much of this.
Thanks for the word re: the stock Holley’s CFM. I noticed the same thing with mine while trying to ease the NY’r into our garage (...without taking a refrigerator-sized chunk out of anything). It kind of wanted to bog down. So, I believe a 650 CFM AVS2 will be in order come November, after we’ve tackled installing new shocks, the new electronic ignition kit from Rick Ehrenberg, and an electronic voltage regulator. Got a busy couple months of weekend projects ahead!

0EA39516-D896-4BD8-9311-AC52C85D6056.jpeg
D7ECEB29-75AA-4C83-BCA6-17D33267FFDB.jpeg
Edelbrock 1406 in place and tuned, kick down linkage adjusted and 60 mile shake down cruise completed. I’m happy to inform you that all is well with my ‘68 300, and the engine performs just as I hoped. Thanks for all the feedback, now onward for the dual exhaust installation

That is a real beauty and a guy in Gibbons Alberta has a maroon one for sale in real nice shape and I believe he installed an eddy on his!.... I will probably do the same with my 67 Monaco 500 once I find all the body parts I need to restore it from rust..eg I need the wide anodized aluminum trim that only came on the 67 & 68’s

Back