Carlisle 2021

I know the car well. It belonged to the previous owner of my 300 and I have a lot of "seat time", driving and riding in it. He (Bruce) sold it to the present owner when he bought my 300.

There is a 383 under the hood, although (IIRC) the original motor is long gone. The owner lives on Long Island. The car is actually very rust free and Bruce has always regretted selling it.

A couple months ago, I ran into a guy that owned it before Bruce and had owned it since he was in high school. I hadn't seen him in quite a few years. He had been given the car by his father, who owned a body shop, as a "project". The car was still fairly new, but had been wrecked. That owner (Tony) fixed it and had it for a while. I don't know the history between Bruce and Tony though. I also didn't know Tony when he had the car.

The present owner came up to me on Saturday and thought I was Bruce. There's a funny story about the conversation, but I'd rather not share it here.

The present owner added the stripes and other emblems not original to the car.

View attachment 472450

This was when Carlisle did the "burnout contest". This pic was in one of the Mopar magazines.

Bruce at the wheel with @march 's wife in the passenger seat. Note Purple Heart NY plate. Bruce was wounded in Viet Nam.

View attachment 472451

I recalled the above story when I came across this Fury at Carlisle '23.

Then, later that day in the swap meet with @Boydsdodge (Jackson) we were drawn to a stall which showcased bumper jacks. Jackson had been telling a story about a friend who was, at one time, obsessed with having the correct jack for his car, and had attended a previous Carlisle being hyper vigilant just for jacks.

We ended up bantering with the vendor for a while, the discussion soon turned to C-bodies, the above mentioned Fury came up, along with the burnout contest, the flag, and he mentioned @Big_John up in NY. He introduced himself as Bruce.

IMG_1783.JPEG

IMG_1760.JPEG

I recalled the above story when I came across this Fury at Carlisle '23.

Then, later that day in the swap meet with @Boydsdodge (Jackson) we were drawn to a stall which showcased bumper jacks. Jackson had been telling a story about a friend who was, at one time, obsessed with having the correct jack for his car, and had attended a previous Carlisle being hyper vigilant just for jacks.

We ended up bantering with the vendor for a while, the discussion soon turned to C-bodies, the above mentioned Fury came up, along with the burnout contest, the flag, and he mentioned @Big_John up in NY. He introduced himself as Bruce.

View attachment 607540
The GT moniker on the hood of PM27L0D232754 seems new -- see below for pics that I took of the same Fury iii 'vert at Carlisle in 2020, and see here for my Carlisle 2021 pics.

IMG_7190.JPG

IMG_7193.JPG

IMG_7194.JPG

IMG_7198.JPG

I saw Bruce last night at a car cruise and he told me that you guys were talking about me! LOL!

I missed Bruce! He's a Character!
I think I've told you, I worked in a small room with Bruce for a few years.

Bruce is really a great guy... He is a character, no doubt... He's got a lot of stories and there are some that will start with "John and I".

I just wish I'd have seem him. Haven't talked to him in ..
?

?

Gotta be 8 years or more I guess

Back