Carlisle 2022

shooter65

Reaction score
I know, I know but I received some very good news today so I'm excited for Carlisle since I haven't been able to make it for the past couple years.

I saw my Oncologist today and she confirmed that not only did my latest PET and CT scans show no active cancer but they got the pathology of the tumor that was in my heal and the tumor was completely dead so the chemo is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

It's already been a long road, including a below knee amputation and I still have 13 chemo cycles to go but so far everything is going better then expected. I've worked almost every day through all this with only days missed for surgery, including working from my hospital bed, my chemo is in patent, 1 1/2 days and 5 1/2 days alternating cycles.

I expect my last treatment to be June 21st. I will have my prosthetic by then so I'm very anxious to get back to the show. I'm thinking of getting a show pass so I don't have to walk into and out of the grounds each day, I'll still be getting used to my new leg. Anyone have any advise?

Before anyone starts with condolences, please understand that I consider myself the luckiest man in the world. I'm doing exceptionally well with the chemo, it is my non dominant leg and everything is healing as well as it can. Not many people that deal with cancer can say all those things, hopefully my chemo continues to go as smooth as it has so far.

Words cannot adequately express how happy I am that you are beating Cancer.

If you can get on grounds parking either by making arrangements with Carlisle for a handicapped parking spot or buying a swap meet space just to have a place to park and sit are options since it doesn't sound like you will be bringing a car for the show field.

Another recommendation is to either reserve a rental mobility scooter at Carlisle or buy a used one on eBay or Facebook. Sometimes you can find one for $300 - $500. I recommend the 4 wheel version of GO-GO Elite Traveler electric mobility scooter. We have two of them and the battery, seat and even the motor and rear wheels come off easily so that you are not lifting the whole thing at once to put it in your trunk. My wife uses one regularly and every know and then I need one. They even make a decent sized metal basket that mounts behind the seat. Here is a screaming deal on a new one that needs to be assembled:

Pride Mobility Go-Go Elite Traveler 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter | eBay

No one ever wants to hear the word cancer. I am thrilled that you're kicking it without it kicking your butt. I put ugly NYer on the show field every year just to have on site parking. The only two people that would vote for it are my kids and a blind man. Anyway we have a tent set up behind it and your welcome to use a seat anytime. By the way you could just register your blue charger and put it on the show field.

No one ever wants to hear the word cancer. I am thrilled that you're kicking it without it kicking your butt. I put ugly NYer on the show field every year just to have on site parking. The only two people that would vote for it are my kids and a blind man. Anyway we have a tent set up behind it and your welcome to use a seat anytime. By the way you could just register your blue charger and put it on the show field.
LOL, my wife would never let me take HER Charger for a long weekend. She loves that car. If I park in the show field, I'll enter the truck, it's a daily driver with some, what I consider nice functional mods and I keep it clean, I've seen worse on the show field.

Words cannot adequately express how happy I am that you are beating Cancer.

If you can get on grounds parking either by making arrangements with Carlisle for a handicapped parking spot or buying a swap meet space just to have a place to park and sit are options since it doesn't sound like you will be bringing a car for the show field.

Another recommendation is to either reserve a rental mobility scooter at Carlisle or buy a used one on eBay or Facebook. Sometimes you can find one for $300 - $500. I recommend the 4 wheel version of GO-GO Elite Traveler electric mobility scooter. We have two of them and the battery, seat and even the motor and rear wheels come off easily so that you are not lifting the whole thing at once to put it in your trunk. My wife uses one regularly and every know and then I need one. They even make a decent sized metal basket that mounts behind the seat. Here is a screaming deal on a new one that needs to be assembled:

Pride Mobility Go-Go Elite Traveler 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter | eBay
Very good advise, you've given me some options to think about. Thanks!

LOL, my wife would never let me take HER Charger for a long weekend. She loves that car. If I park in the show field, I'll enter the truck, it's a daily driver with some, what I consider nice functional mods and I keep it clean, I've seen worse on the show field.
:rofl: I probably wouldn't let you take for a long weekend if it was mine either...

The issue with that might be that most of the truck classes are parked up on the hill. That might be something for you to consider.

Very good point, thanks.
Saturday is likely the only time anyone would bother you about parking near the C Body crowd... if then... sticker to get in, scooter to get around and you're all set.

Back