Carlisle 2022

Factory four speed car. Was born ZZ1 Gold with a black top.

66 Monacos and 65 300Ls are my favorite slabsides and the 68 Plymouth 2 doors are also right up there. Great looking Monaco you have and I can imagine it all fixed up. Nice choice!!

Just to mention it, I just booked a private home within a mile of the show on VRBO.
Much nicer than hotels, usually.
Nice to be close, although my club usually meets for dinner further away.

So you are selling Servpolara? I never thought I would see the day?
After I complete my vision for its preservation, I'd like to find someone that will keep it true to its character and charm.

70 wagon is the one I want to build as a keeper. I just got the 69 because what I really wanted didnt seem to be popping up for sale at the time. Now I have both and can't possibly keep 2 wagons.

Unless I win the lottery.

To All, am thinking about attending. I will bring my 4 car trailer, possibly 2 Cordobas and 2 Imperials. Not sure where to stay. I prefer Hilton family of hotels and then Marriott.

Great! FWIW, I have just booked two spots using the 20% discount that goes away on January 3: one for a 1970 'vert, and another for Buttercup, my 1972 NYB. The latter will be coming for the first time under my ownership, for the 50th birthday reunion -- will you bring 1972 Imps?

Mechanicsburg is my choice. Since you prefer the Hilton family (so do I) there is a Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites.

We've stayed at both. Last year we did the Homewood Suites because we didn't know what was going on with restaurants (short staffed etc.) and just grabbed some groceries to cook in our suite. Actually, that worked out really well and if we go, I may book there again.

Mechanicsburg has a decent amount of restaurants and the like and you can head towards Harrisburg if you are looking for more.

There's a back way that comes out near the Army barracks that saves some time and is a nice drive.
@Big_John's points are all on target. Here is an extra one: the Hampton Inn is quite unique among Carlisle-area hotels in that it has an outside swimming pool, which was safe and stayed open during COVID. That was the deciding factor for me, as a swim after each long and hot day at Carlisle is a nice little luxury. I was happy with my choice. The HI is right across the street from the Homewood Suites where John stayed, and I saw his 300 'vert every day when I was there :)

Just to mention it, I just booked a private home within a mile of the show on VRBO. Much nicer than hotels, usually.
That's what I did in 2018 (Gettysburg) and 2019 (halfway between Gettysburg and Carlisle). In 2020, @Imperialist67 kindly released to me, for the single night I could stay, the room that he'd booked a few miles south of the show field. All three choices beat the blandness of hotel chains. Last year, though, I wanted to be closer to where everyone stays: after looking extensively I concluded that Mechanicsburg was the way to go. @Ripinator will probably chime in too (he stayed at a third hotel in the town, just a half mile from John's and my hotels).

Last edited:
Working on getting my Carlisle showfield ticket.

I will probably bring the Redeye again. Medical issues.

Last year, though, I wanted to be closer to where everyone stays: after looking extensively I concluded that Mechanicsburg was the way to go. @Ripinator will probably chime in too (he stayed at a third hotel in the town, just a half mile from John's and my hotels).

Rip stays at the Comfort Inn in Mechanicsburg. It's a nice place, I used to stay there. It's become the base hotel for the NYC Mopar club. They are a touch on the loud side and a couple have the NYC "attitude" and because I have NY plates, I get lumped in as "one of them" by others. (Sorry if that offends any NYC guys here) While the majority was OK, after being on the receiving end of a little "attitude" a couple times from a small few, we decided it was best to go elsewhere.

Good Day All
We will be staying at the Fairfield Inn&Suites (Marriott) Harrisburg/West Mechanicsburg.
Website says its new. Stayed at the 'Roadway' once (only thing available at the last minute) Never Again.
Omni

Don't be sorry, I appreciate the concern though. Time is slipping by, I've got some changes to make for the better before I miss the bus. I've got a pentastar on my arm forever and at least 3 Polaras that will Never leave my possession. I'll be around.

Like what was mentioned on the dock, make some time to play with the 'kitties'. Have some high times, go through an upheaval, lose some money, and then back to "polara polara polara" for a while. It goes in cycles.....everything is temporary in this age, I have learned.
Right now I just want to play with my toys....

Ok this is the third year I said I was going to try and make it. My wife actually asked me a few months ago if I was going to try and go again.
I will probably go solo unless I try for my Canadian route again, then she may ride with me but car shows aren’t her thing.

Not Carlisle related but Midwest Mopars in the Park is only 6 1/2 months away.:poke:
That's why I'm ordering parts now! And I have a few parts car to pick from if need be.

Are you joining the caravan to Carlisle? Just swap an Edelbrock and convert to electronic ignition and head east!

Back