Carlisle 2022

The Whisky Rebellion restaurant at the Downtown Carlisle Inn is my fave, met up with some of the guys last year. Speaking of which, will there be a meet up for the group photo? Haven’t seen it mentioned.

We should be able to do a group photo in the area where my cars and David Hill's car is located. As I mentioned in another thread, I'll have shade and libations available. We usually do the photo at 10:00 AM on Saturday I think. . .

I am heading out of Toronto at 6AM in the Imperial. Taking route 219 south, 322,22,74. Maiden voyage, what can go wrong they say.

Poppy is ready to go. All fluids checked, gas tank topped off, tires set at the right pressure. With a squirt or two of starter fluid (courtesy of @Imperialist67 ), she started right away despite having sat for a while. We took her for a quick pre-flight ride, and she ran beautifully. Carlisle, here we come!

Attached are a couple of photos showing my first C-body in a period driveway. Her stance looks just like that of the red convertible in the original 1970 Dodge Polara poster that @Megawattkid acquired three years ago:

28083A3B-AFDD-4098-B3BE-C7F08E908604.jpeg
36C7D6DE-462F-4BBC-BFD4-D6A0BE5C3EB0.jpeg

Last edited:
@Imps Rule (in his sensational GC8 Mood Indigo 1971 Sport Fury, acquired from @JPMODL in 2019), @Imperialist67 (driving my EB7 blue 1970 TNT 'vert), and I (driving Poppy, my ER6 red G-code Polara 'vert) have made it to Carlisle. Not the grounds yet (that is for tomorrow), but to our respective accommodations.

On the way, we spotted and pulled up to a great little roadside eatery in Littlestown (just south of Gettysburg) called Melted Grilled Cheese. The food was delicious, the kid waitresses were helpful and pleasant, and the seating/setting outside were perfect. Here is proof!

IMG_5601anon.JPG.png

Last edited:
@Imps Rule (in his sensational GC8 Mood Indigo 1971 Sport Fury, acquired from @JPMODL in 2019), @Imperialist67 (driving my EB7 blue 1970 TNT 'vert), and I (driving Poppy, my ER6 red G-code Polara 'vert) have made it to Carlisle. Not the grounds yet (that is for tomorrow), but to our respective accommodations.

On the way, we spotted and pulled up to a great little roadside eatery in Littlestown (just south of Gettysburg) called Melted Grilled Cheese. The food was delicious, the kid waitresses were helpful and pleasant, and the seating/setting outside were perfect. Here is proof!

View attachment 544313

Beautiful, beautiful cars!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back