Carlisle 2023

The site reduces the resolution of the photos, if anyone of you wants an original of the group, PM me your cell number and I will text it to you.

Richs 69 Monaco wagon is a dream. That needs to be in my garage.
This one?

IMG_9192.jpeg

An incredible turn out of FCBO members. I met a bunch of guys I hadn't met before, which is astonishing.
I went to hang with Rip and his crew for a bit and stopped at Tim's first. I never made it to Rips. Once I got done chatting with Tim and David the heat had kicked my ***.
Ya know, I've been at Carlisle when the heat index was 114. Yesterday seemed hotter. Not sure if it was that hot/wet, me getting older or both. I certainly couldn't have lapped James now with his bionic knees.

Hoss's has lost all of its allure from days gone by. Used to be a very good meal and the place to go. Now it's a chow hall and nothing more. Stay away. I had a invitation to go to the Whiskey rebellion with James, Rip, David and Tim but the kids wanted Hoss's and not sit outside. For dinners sake I'd have rather gone to the W.R. next year, I hope I can redeem the rain check.

polara71 (Dave), I just want to say it's VERY nice to see you back! Although we've not met, yours is one of the "voices" I took note of and frankly missed during your hiatus. I still miss Bob (NYB78) he was taken too soon. I hope to meet you one day at Carlisle if I ever get there (bucket list thing for me)...it will probably only happen after retirement as work has always stymied my getting there.

Something else I noticed was the car Corale was small. Much smaller than ever. Only under roof and towards the fence, maybe 50-60 cars. The other spaces have yielded to swap vendors. 2019 years ago when I bought Adleen, the nicest surviving 70 convertible the swap went towards the hill several spaces too. That's a curious riddle for me, why so few cars in the coral.

Woman's oasis, kids place and Kuna snow cones are not there any longer. The evolution of this event has deteriorated its soul. Still great, not as it once was however.
Mark, MDH from FCBO met me outside the gate. I purchased his few remaining 70 Polara items from him. I would like to have seen him find his dream Polara but it seems that's never gonna happen .

polara71 (Dave), I just want to say it's VERY nice to see you back! Although we've not met, yours is one of the "voices" I took note of and frankly missed during your hiatus. I still miss Bob (NYB78) he was taken too soon. I hope to meet you one day at Carlisle if I ever get there (bucket list thing for me)...it will probably only happen after retirement as work has always stymied my getting there.
Thank you kindly Mr C. I missed being here. It is really remarkable how many good people I've met from this forum and others like it, likely thousands over the 30 years of Carlise and other events. I need two cars again. One for me and the Mrs. One for the kids. I wanna set up C body base camp at Carlisle again. Wednesday through Sunday.

Thank you kindly Mr C. I missed being here. It is really remarkable how many good people I've met from this forum and others like it, likely thousands over the 30 years of Carlise and other events. I need two cars again. One for me and the Mrs. One for the kids. I wanna set up C body base camp at Carlisle again. Wednesday through Sunday.
"I'm out"

I said it before. I'll say it again. Mopar is a lifelong commitment. You will never get out Pops.

Thanks for the "like" Rags. I went back and deleted it. Likely too personal for the board. The intended target isn't listening regardless. :thumbsup:

Uncle Ray is back home in the garage. My quest for Carlisle is complete. I was great to finally meet a lot of you guys and an honor to park in the best section of the entire field. I hope all of you have/had a safe trip home. Until next year boys

IMG_20230716_162318655_HDR.jpg

An incredible turn out of FCBO members. I met a bunch of guys I hadn't met before, which is astonishing.
I went to hang with Rip and his crew for a bit and stopped at Tim's first. I never made it to Rips. Once I got done chatting with Tim and David the heat had kicked my ***.
Ya know, I've been at Carlisle when the heat index was 114. Yesterday seemed hotter. Not sure if it was that hot/wet, me getting older or both. I certainly couldn't have lapped James now with his bionic knees.

Hoss's has lost all of its allure from days gone by. Used to be a very good meal and the place to go. Now it's a chow hall and nothing more. Stay away. I had an invitation to go to the Whiskey rebellion with James, Rip, David and Tim but the kids wanted Hoss's and not sit outside. For dinners sake I'd have rather gone to the W.R. next year, I hope I can redeem the rain check.
It was hot at the WR too, but we had a great time. Yes, make plans to be there next year.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

I did almost 30k steps between the two days. For any of you older folk on the fence about knee replacement, just do it, you won’t regret it.

Back