Center Console Removal

66furys

Reaction score
Yes, another dumb question for the seasoned audience. I am starting the removal of the interior for one floor pan and carpet. Have just begun the console, seats still in. There are no screws in the front that should come in from the sides into the mounts. Found the two center screws from the top, and also two in rear inside the box. Have not found the two Bolts (?) at the sides of the rear bottom. Also, the thing is so tight to the floor after loosening the screws I have found, I am wondering if they glued it down on last carpet work. Any thoughts from those who have already done this. thanks

There is a bracket in the front. Should have screws located under the carpet.

Last edited:
20231230_072024.jpg

Thank you. The manual shows screws here with the chrome trim washer. I can stick my screwdriver in this hole into the interior mount bracket, with nothing there. I assume that there are no screws in this slot, but will check further. My mess.....interesting.

I have much more to do on this, but, after pulling the driver seat, I had to pull up carpet glued to the floor and to the console that kept it down tight. I think I am good, finally on this one. I do not see any screws or bolts thru the lower bottom yet, as shown in manual, but we will see. Wish my mess looked like yours WOT.....nice work.

Sounds good. Keep us updated on your success. I added link to carpet installation you may find interesting.

Thanks again for the help. I have run across my latest issue with this, since on my console, carpet was glued up the sides. And, since I thought the carpet should be cut around the shifter and lay under the console.....wondering if there is enough extra to cut loose and glue to the console sides....lay awake at nite with this stuff.

Back