Christchurch mosque shooting (at least 50 dead)

My thoughts and prayers to you and your countrymen, hopefully the day will come when we can move forward from these acts of terror

Hmm...I wonder who was behind this? If you want to rabble rouse in the US why would you do it in NZ unless someone else is behind it? I smell rats.
To be revealed, but the main guy is a white Aussie guy in his late 20s, apparently after revenge for Christians killed by Islamic terrorists, though mowing down innocent people worshipping in their Mosques is a strange way to do it, but then this kind of thing never makes sense whoever or wherever it occurs.

To be revealed, but the main guy is a white Aussie guy in his late 20s, apparently after revenge for Christians killed by Islamic terrorists, though mowing down innocent people worshipping in their Mosques is a strange way to do it, but then this kind of thing never makes sense whoever or wherever it occurs.

With luck, New Zealand has some Islamic terrorists locked up in a dark hole someplace that this individual can share a cell with. They should be able to make this POS shooter's jailhouse experience particularly memorable.

Dave

I am curious about gun laws in NZ. AZ banned most military style rifles and shotguns years ago after another mass shooting. Can an AZ citizen freely buy firearms in NZ? Gun control has never really worked except to disarm the law abiding, the crazies and criminals always seem to find a way to commit mayhem. You can probably expect a big push for strict gun control in NZ as the left wing political types are probably salivating at the prospects of finally imposing their will on legal gun owners.

Dave

Glad you and yours are ok.

The late news here says that the shooter was a white nationalist bent on extracting revenge on Muslims for all the Christians that have been killed by terrorists. He left a lengthy manifesto mostly spewing nonsense. He also said that he hoped to reignite the anti gun debate and start a civil war in the US over the 2nd Amendment that would also be a race war along racial and ethnic lines. One sick SOB. News media here is also reporting 27 dead including women and children and that the area is still locked down. Wish the news was better.

Dave

A little bit of Charles Manson and Helter Skelter there.

But he also said it was to create political unrest in the US.
And on cue the moonbats in the US are doing exactly what he wanted.
Somebody is behind it and imo that somebody is in the US.
Glad the OP and his are okay. Notice I didn't say safe. I am beginning to think none of us are safe any more.

I just saw on the news the Prime minister is promising major changes to gun laws. It's a terrible thing that happened, but forbidding innocent citizens from owning guns because of that one whacko wont stop anything else. Knee jerk reactions from politicians. Can always count on it

I just saw on the news the Prime minister is promising major changes to gun laws. It's a terrible thing that happened, but forbidding innocent citizens from owning guns because of that one whacko wont stop anything else. Knee jerk reactions from politicians. Can always count on it
You can probably expect a big push for strict gun control in NZ
"Our guns laws are going to change." That's the sound bite I heard her saying while listening to NPR. The shooter obtained the guns legally, two semi-auto rifles and two shotguns. Don't need fully auto to shoot a lot of people in a short amount of time.

I am curious about gun laws in NZ. AZ banned most military style rifles and shotguns years ago after another mass shooting. Can an AZ citizen freely buy firearms in NZ? Gun control has never really worked except to disarm the law abiding, the crazies and criminals always seem to find a way to commit mayhem. You can probably expect a big push for strict gun control in NZ as the left wing political types are probably salivating at the prospects of finally imposing their will on legal gun owners.

Dave
Things are about to change here I think, buy all political parties will likely agree on whatever these changes will be.

Not being a gun owner, I believe you apply for a license, and once police cleared you're good to go.

The weapon used was an Armalite 15 rifle (AR 15) I believe, freely (until now I guess) available at "Gun City" gun shop approximately 6 miles from home.

There wouldn't have been an issue for this guy as he had a license issued back in 2017.

Such is life I guess, there are probably lots of crazies worldwide who'd do something similar. I presume it's just deciding in your mind that a particular group - Jews, blacks, Muslims, gays - whomever, are "not like me" therefore I can kill them without any remorse, as seen in the SS Extermination camps during WW2.

It's like the comment "They came for ...I did nothing as I wasn't part of that group...finally they came for me and there was no one to help me."

Stay well my friend

John

But he also said it was to create political unrest in the US.
And on cue the moonbats in the US are doing exactly what he wanted.
Somebody is behind it and imo that somebody is in the US.
Glad the OP and his are okay. Notice I didn't say safe. I am beginning to think none of us are safe any more.

It would seem the fake "hate" incidents and attempts to sew similar unrest in the US have been falling apart lately, so it was time to farm-out some psyops.

How horrible. But I gotta say, that came so unexpected for them, he could have done it with a slingshot. And 15minutes and NOBODY is there to do anything. Nobody tackles him as he reloads...nothing. I'm just shocked... those poor people!!!!

Things are about to change here I think, buy all political parties will likely agree on whatever these changes will be.

Not being a gun owner, I believe you apply for a license, and once police cleared you're good to go.

The weapon used was an Armalite 15 rifle (AR 15) I believe, freely (until now I guess) available at "Gun City" gun shop approximately 6 miles from home.

There wouldn't have been an issue for this guy as he had a license issued back in 2017.

Such is life I guess, there are probably lots of crazies worldwide who'd do something similar. I presume it's just deciding in your mind that a particular group - Jews, blacks, Muslims, gays - whomever, are "not like me" therefore I can kill them without any remorse, as seen in the SS Extermination camps during WW2.

It's like the comment "They came for ...I did nothing as I wasn't part of that group...finally they came for me and there was no one to help me."

Stay well my friend

John

The firearm he was shown carrying in the go pro video was a semi auto shot gun, (I think it is a service rated Benelli, but can't see enough identifying features to tell for sure)) the thumb hole stocked rifle on the car seat appears to be an AR series can not tell the make. The thumb hole stock found its way on to a lot of these rifles during the so called "assault weapons ban" during the Clinton presidency in the US. Could still sell semi auto firearms, had to get rid of the evil bayonet mount (might cut your self) the pistol grip and any new production of a magazine that held more than 10 rounds. Folding stocks were also banned. Existent firearms and banned accessories were grandfathered and could be sold or transferred.

Dave

Stay well my friend

John

He also used a shotgun. Even if all of them were illegal, he would have found another way. Axe, lock em in and burn it down. Flamethrower? who knows... I just have an issue when politicans think that just because I own guns, I must be a crazy like this guy. its bull***. I care about those people just as much... difference between a crazy person and a non crazy person is, the crazy acts on it. Normal person with a gun does not.

This would have made 0 difference there if it was a folding stock, 10rd mag or pistolgrip or what. those are all just Bandaids. You cant keep an extremist from doing something like this. Just like some used trucks.... either way i found it horrible to watch. I am more concerned about why no police showed up in that time. How could he do all that and nobody even tried to overwhelm him? They all just piled up in a corner??????

This situation, Muslims raping and/or killing people in Europe, Australia, etc., and the anti-Muslim sentiment which sometimes turns violent, is a result of the open borders policies adopted by Western governments.
Just what did they expect would happen?
Coptic Christians in Egypt (who are not ethnically White) are murdered on a regular basis, where is the public outrage?
Israel bombs the Palestinians while Israelis sit atop a hill and watch, where is the outrage?
The world isn't going mad, it's been that way for a long time, it's simply getting worse.

This would have made 0 difference there if it was a folding stock, 10rd mag or pistolgrip or what. those are all just Bandaids. You cant keep an extremist from doing something like this. Just like some used trucks.... either way i found it horrible to watch. I am more concerned about why no police showed up in that time. How could he do all that and nobody even tried to overwhelm him? They all just piled up in a corner??????

It takes a special person to be willing to be the first to die.

Dave

There is no 2nd Amendment in New Zealand therefore they are free to restrict/ban anything they care to. Ironically their gun laws are less restrictive than Australia where the perp is from.

Back