Chrysler 300 dash wiring fixing and HVAC rebuild and test

RDHOG

Reaction score
This is a photo of a rotary vacuum switch. I will be taking the dash out of my 1969 300 to work on wiring and HVAC system. I am trying to source as many parts as I can but I have been unable to find any info on this. Also is there a company that I could ship the compleat dash to have them rebuild it. Any help or info on any part of the dash will help thank you in advance.

20220602_204737.jpg

www.justdashes.com and several other vendors repair the dash pads.

The '70 ATC parts are very hard to find and have been obsolete items for about 30 years. Unless you are sure your part is defective, keep it. The early ATC system was a POS. You can easily spend a couple of thousand dollars trying to repair it and be lucky to have it last for more than a season or two. These systems had many problems with the control heads and with numerous small vacuum leaks that caused the control circuit to quit working. The thermostatic control was also erratic and unreliable. Start by checking for leaks to see if you can find a leak(s), once the leaks are repaired, you can proceed to diagnose the rest of the system. I do not mean to suggest that you can not repair the '70 ATC, just that it will be very time consuming and expensive. There are a number of nicely restored autos out there that have had the ATC system junked and replaced with standard air to arrive at an A/C system that is reliable.

Dave

Back