Chrysler 300 U Code Drag Car

I agree but the original owner did it and had owned it a long time. Pretty cheap bracket car and I bet it was consistent too. Looks like it could go to stock very easily.

Years ago, a guy ran a '71 Newport 4-door sedan with a 383 as a bracket car in Colorado for a season. At altitude, the guy was cutting a consistent 13.20 ET@101 mph. Pretty quick for a big car! And it wasn't radical or anything, no stripping of interior bits. Just a non-air car minus spare tire and jack. Fun times!

I agree but the original owner did it and had owned it a long time. Pretty cheap bracket car and I bet it was consistent too. Looks like it could go to stock very easily.

Nothing here objectionable as it is, 'cept if I owned it, I'd add whitewalls and road wheels, make it sit "right" if changing the "shoes" doesnt do it, perhaps Flowmaster 50's to quiet it a bit, and the stuff owner reported in video (and paint engine correct color), and enjoy it for a few years and find it a new home.

Neat car. :)

That's what I hate about bracket racing. You can beat a hellcat in your Nissan versa every time by being OCD sandbagging.

In 1979, I had a '72 Datsun 510 sedan. Great little car that got 44 mpg, but it was slow getting 0 to 60!!. I took it bracket racing one Saturday, and followed my brother in his '68 Barracuda Formula S 340 four-speed car, and my brother-in-law and his '69 Dart Swinger 340 automatic. I had dialed in a time of 22.22 in the quarter, and ran a total of five runs at exactly 22.22. Everyone that raced me broke out of their bracket by as little as .01 seconds! I was pissin' people off with my consistency! Then the final...a guy brought his '68 Peterbilt cabover tandem. He dialed in at a...you guessed it, a 22.22! There we were. Light turns green. And I'm sure we were the slowest race ever seen at that track! I won! The cabover broke HIS time by .02 seconds, and I took home the trophy! I still have that trophy in my shop. I was pretty proud of that, too.

Last edited:
In 1979, I had a '72 Datsun 510 sedan. Great little car that got 44 mpg, but it was slow getting 0 to 60!!. I took it bracket racing one Saturday, and followed my brother in his '68 Barracuda Formula S 340 four-speed car, and my brother-in-law and his '69 Dart Swinger 340 automatic. I had dialed in a time of 22.22 in the quarter, and ran a total of five runs at exactly 22.22. Everyone that raced me broke out of their bracket by as little as .01 seconds! I was pissin' people off with my consistency! Then the final...a guy brought his '68 Peterbilt cabover tandem. He dialed in at a...you guessed it, a 22.22! There we were. Light turns green. And I'm sure we were the slowest race ever great n at that track! I won! The cabover broke HIS time by .02 seconds, and I took home the trophy! I still have that trophy in my shop. I was pretty proud of that, too.
That is great, great story. Deserved sharing

Yes, it is my old U code. I see you are from South Jersey. Who are you?
I’m outside of Philly in Cinnaminson. I remember seeing this for sale on FB a few years ago in the Parsippany area. I guess you sold it?.

Back