Chrysler Cordoba Engine wiring harness 360cui

Fango

Reaction score
Greetings!

Im currently restoring my 1978 Chrysler Cordoba Barnfind.
I could really use some help with the Engine wiring harness.
any help is highly appreciated. I could really use some pictures and advice.
I just need to know where the connections go.

IMG_20221216_143100.jpg

Last edited:
You should be able to buy a Chilton's or Haynes' manual of that car at your local parts store. I had one when I owned a '79 'doba. Very helpful for what you're asking.

get yourself a 78 shop manual, it will have the diagrams. you can also download em at mymopar. com
No '78 FSM there. 1973 is the newest Dodge and 1972 the newest Chrysler and Plymouth.

Greetings!

Im currently restoring my 1978 Chrysler Cordoba Barnfind.
I could really use some help with the Engine wiring harness.
any help is highly appreciated. I could really use some pictures and advice.
I just need to know where the connections go.

View attachment 587960
As suggested, a Factory Service Manual will help with wiring diagrams.

I'm not sure if you are just plugging the existing harness back in or are replacing wires... Here's how I repair harnesses...

I've redone a few harnesses and the way to do it is lay the old harness out on a piece of plywood. Then use finishing nails (nails with no head for wooden trim work) and outline the harness with the nails. Then, unwrap carefully and with the harness on your board, start pulling out and replacing one wire at a time.

You'll have to source the wire terminals, but if your careful, the insulators can be removed by inserting something small, like a jewelers screwdriver in the wire end and bending the little tab on the connector.

7QoWqcb.jpg

BTW, this is how they make short run production harnesses for all sorts of things.

As suggested, a Factory Service Manual will help with wiring diagrams.

I'm not sure if you are just plugging the existing harness back in or are replacing wires... Here's how I repair harnesses...

I've redone a few harnesses and the way to do it is lay the old harness out on a piece of plywood. Then use finishing nails (nails with no head for wooden trim work) and outline the harness with the nails. Then, unwrap carefully and with the harness on your board, start pulling out and replacing one wire at a time.

You'll have to source the wire terminals, but if your careful, the insulators can be removed by inserting something small, like a jewelers screwdriver in the wire end and bending the little tab on the connector.

View attachment 587962

BTW, this is how they make short run production harnesses for all sorts of things.
Thanks for the advice! I just want to reconnect the old harness to the car for the first part.
I cannot find those connections in my diagrams (maybe im blind) is anyone familiar with these plugs and knows where they go?

IMG_20230321_154219.jpg

IMG_20230321_151846.jpg

IMG_20230321_151837.jpg

Top one is easy.

Neutral safety switch on transmission.

Not sure on others.

I only have up to 76 manual. The red looks like AC cut out in my manual. the six circuit black female block, I don't know. The round three circuit female plug looks like neutral safety switch.

I only have up to 76 manual. The red looks like AC cut out in my manual. the six circuit black female block, I don't know. The round three circuit female plug looks like neutral safety switch.
I also theught about AC but the Ac is alredy correctly connected but ill have a look at it again.

Quick update: I was able to reconnect the Wires so that the Engine now spins with the Starter.
I only have to reconnect the Oil temp and Water Temp sensor.
I will get to the Wiring of the AC as soon as the Engine runs (the AC cutout relais is missing on my Car).

Back