Class in session- 9.25 rear

monaco75

Reaction score
Alright guys, School me on the 9.25 rear end. I've got a 9.25 out of a '75 fury cop car.

It has a 3.21 ratio, and is open. I'm keeping these gears, but want to add a suregrip too it. I did some horse trading, and got a suregrip unit to put in. Came out of a '76 fury police car if I recall correctly..

Now I want to have the rear end rebuilt, and suregrip installed. I'll have a local buddy rebuild it. But want to order the correct parts for down the road, and still have an idea of whats going on.. I've found some info online about the newer 9.25s under dakotas, rams, and dakotas. But not much of anything on the older 9.25s

Will the parts from the newer units work in the older ones? I'm assuming there are clutches in the suregrip? Where can I get these? Are all 9.25s 29 spline axles?

I've come up with a couple finds, but not sure if they are correct.

Heres a master overhaul kit with timken bearings-
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mgr-r925rskt/overview/

And heres a clutch kit-
http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-...-925-trac-lok-posi-clutch-disc-plate-kit.aspx

Sorry if these are dumb/obvious questions.. But I have no clue.. lol

Thanks!

Inside every 9.25 Dodge gear is a Dana 44 hiding. Break that, you are the man. Or a terrible driver. I run 44s on both ends of my 6.0 LS powered 94 Wrangler. I killed the old 35 it came with the first time in the woods. I spent good money swapping in a Mustang 8.8 out of a SN97. Killed it. Put a 30 spline 8.5 out of a GN. Killed it. Took a Dana that was originally built by Rousch Industries originally for a Fox bodied Mustang. Bullit proof so far. The Jeep is a Mud Bogger and very competitive in Street/Mod class. It will pull the front tires off the ground in the sand. The Dana/9.25 is a KILLER setup. Sure Grips? Yeah, not so easy to find, but Stan linked a kickass article to know what car to look for to get one that doesn't require a ton of welding or mods.

Schooling? Not much of a teacher but, you can not use the parts out of a 68 and down 9 1/4...which is good! 'Cause thats REEALLY hard to find.

I thought just on the C-bodies with the ultra rare Slant 6 with 2 x 4 BBL's.

Ha I was just throwin it out there! I should have been more specific...It's a dana 53. Which Chrysler called a 9.25, much like they called the 9.75. They were mandatory in the C's when you ordered the 375hp 440 magnum with the Hemi 4 spd. I believe it was easier to convert that axle to the C bodies than the 60, because they were available in other big cars. Now back to the corporate axle.....:backontopic:

Back