Classics Industries..??

I thought it was a valid question, next time I'll just do a search and avoid the snide humor.

Sheesh. Here goes...
Early on in his career as head of The Teamster,s Jimmy was attending a function filled with some heavy hitters.
He was introduced to Red Sheeran who was working his way up through The Teamsters. Red's background was known by a lot of people for his work withe The Mob. Mob slang for a hit man is House Painter. When they were introduced to each other, Jimmy said: "I heard you paint houses".

Long story short, over the years, their friendship and bond became immensely tight. Red was the only guy Jimmy trusted and confided in.

Fast forward, Jimmy was pardoned and despite the restrictions he relentlessly pursued regaining control of The Teamsters. Jimmy was repeatedly warned to cool off, relax, and fade into the background but as time went on, Jimmy became increasingly obsessed and was showing signs of erratic behaviour with very real threats to "tell all".
"They" decided that despite all their efforts to appease him, he had gone over the edge and decided to take him out. Because Red was both a hit man and the only person Jimmy trusted, it was assigned to Red and told if he failed, he himself would be eliminated. Red had no choice and did what he had to do. Most of the book is actually about Red's life from childhood to now and after understanding Red's background you actually understood why he did it. A man has to do what a man has to do.

So, in the beginning, Jimmy and Red were introduced, Jimmy said that famous line, they became the best of friends, and that line became the real irony of Hoffa's death.

Last edited:
"Frank Sheeran confessed to author Charles Brandt that he handled more than 25 murders for the mob and Jimmy Hoffa."[ Taken from the book "I heard you paint houses" by Charles Brandt.]

He enlisted in the U.S. Army in 1941, and was assigned to the military police before transferring to the 45th Infantry Division, known as "The Thunderbirds." It was while serving in World War II that Sheeran developed a callousness to the taking of human life. He served 411 days of combat duty (a large amount; average is around 100), and participated in the Dachau massacre. He later told Charles Brandt,
“When an officer would tell you to take a couple of German prisoners back behind the line and for you to ‘hurry back,’ you did what you had to do.”
I actually respect the man. Do not forget he was part of The Greatest Generation.

I actually respect the man. Do not forget he was part of The Greatest Generation.

I was stationed 30 minutes from Dachau CC in Augsburg for 8 years. We had a U.S. Armed Forces Recreation Center literally right up to the wall surrounding Dachau. The guards swimming pool area (outside the camp) was flooded and stocked with trout by AFRC. I fished there hundreds of times. Also had a golf course there. I sure it's all closed down now since all the U.S. troops left Southern Bavaria in the early 90's.

There's still an organized tour for GI's and family members from K-Town...

http://kaiserslautern.armymwr.com/i...-and-munich-express-2/?eID=12295#.Uxm6EPldVzg

odr_trips_dachau_concentration_camp_and_munich_express.jpg

FCBO, where a thread can totally derail like a speeding locomotive off a cliff, and it's totally acceptable.

I believe this separates the men from the boys.
If all you had to do was open a book then everyone would do it.
Most C-body guys have some blood, sweat, and tears into their cars and for that reason I respect them a whole lot more. Go back to Day 1 of FCBO and see how many guys came in tootin their horn but didn't have what it takes to stick around as they moved on to an already pimped Chevy or Ford, or they just gave up altogether.

I couldn't have said it better myself. These cars require ingenuity to restore. I'm proud of my restoration because it took a lot of thought and it was difficult to get it to the level I achieved. When I tear into a concourse resto on my GTO, it will be much easier as everything can be ordered from a catalog. The Chrysler will always rank ahead of the GTO as far as I'm concerned because it was tougher to restore. That being said, the GTO will be worth twice as much.

The man murdered 25 people , who can respect that?
He took out the garbage. No women. No kids. No innocent people. Only the ones that chose to play in the mud.
He was a godamm WW II hero for chrisakes. We sent him away to kill or be killed and he came home seeing what 10 other men who saw military combat could never fathom. And we called him a hero.
We changed him for life. We did it.

Last edited:
I've restored lots of 60's Cadillacs,Full-Size Buick's,Pontiac's and Oldsmobiles,not to mention many oddball foreign cars.Finding parts for C-Body Chrysler's can be a challenge,and most of what your going to find is going to be used or possibly NOS.As far as manufacturing any replacement body panels/patch panels,I'd highly doubt any company would go thru the extent of spending thousands of dollars to tool up dies to make a couple of panels for a model that isn't popular to the masses.It wouldn't be cost effective,unless they were to sell a lower quarter patch panel for $300-400 each,and at that price how many takers would there be? C-Bodies have always been the oddball of the Chrysler world,which brings me to another point.Eventually,those who will be doing restoration work in the years to come,will find it harder and harder to find the used parts to restore their cars with,not only driving the price of restored cars up,but also the price of good used parts/parts cars.Yeah,we'd all love to just order parts thru a catalog whenever we need something,but that's the uniqueness of owning a car that you don't normally see at car shows all the time.There is a trade-off for having something not everyone has!

Eventually,those who will be doing restoration work in the years to come,will find it harder and harder to find the used parts to restore their cars with,not only driving the price of restored cars up,but also the price of good used parts/parts cars.

That happened already, started about ten years ago .....maybe twelve

He took out the garbage. No women. No kids. No innocent people. Only the ones that chose to play in the mud.
He was a godamm WW II hero for chrisakes. We sent him away to kill or be killed and he came home seeing what 10 other men who saw military combat could never fathom. And we called him a hero.
We changed him for life. We did it.
Yes it was war and they were doing their job taking out the garbage. Of course when the SS machine gunned prisoners into ditches they were war criminals. The vast majority of soldiers didn't get involved with this crap. My Dad told me about the 7 or 8 year old kids that would wander up looking for hand outs then pull out and throw a grenade. Needless to say for those that survived that would never happen again. The Hollywood black and white portrayal of war is a myth.

Back