Follow-up!
From Classic Garage, today:

classicgarage.com <[email protected]>
9:58 AM (13 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to (Yours Truly)
cleardot.gif

Thank you for placing an order with classicgarage.com.
We are terribly sorry but we only have 1 of these shocks remaining and are therefore unable to fill your order. They are long discontinued by Koni.
We have cancelled your order and refunded your Paypal.
Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

Be sure to include all messages with any reply!
These folks promptly refunded my money, for which I thank them. At this point, St. Joe clearly has interceded and told me to stick with what I know to work.

"The Road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions"---Hindu proverb, oft quoted by others.

KYB it WILL BE. Deo gratias. Deus laus.
Sempre Adelante!

Happy News!

My rear leaf spring order from SpringsnThings is due Friday. Soooo, I need to consider which rear shock absorber to replace the coil-over Monroe Load levelers I installed to supplement the tired flat steel in my 55 yr old original leaf springs. Looking at the Rare Parts website revealed some big, beautiful U.S. made rear shocks with a SKU# 51273. Turns out they're claimed by a "Collector's Auto Supply" outfit.

Have any of you used rear shocks made by these folk? How do they ride? Are they worth the stiff tariff they put on them? They LOOK to be EXCELLENT shocks, but I like to know as much as possible about such hardware when it goes for $250 a pair. I seek y'alls' collective wisdom in this.
i put 2000# capacity (200 psi ) air shocks i got from autozone then for adde towing ( touge weight) i put 1500# coil helper springs they was for a 87 dodge truck (it was the same set up ) i run 120 -130 psi in the air shocks . i had np

i put 2000# capacity (200 psi ) air shocks i got from autozone then for adde towing ( touge weight) i put 1500# coil helper springs they was for a 87 dodge truck (it was the same set up ) i run 120 -130 psi in the air shocks . i had np

I did that when I was 17. I didn't care about ride comfort or handling.

Back