compressor plumbing:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
I live in a very humid climate that makes my compressor produce a lot of moisture in the tank. What set-up does the best to keep water out of my air lines? I have 1" pipe going from the top of my shed and angled down about four feet and drain valve on the bottom. I do have a filter in line, but it won't remove all the water.

Drain the tank daily!! The filters only filter so much.

I live in a very humid climate that makes my compressor produce a lot of moisture in the tank. What set-up does the best to keep water out of my air lines? I have 1" pipe going from the top of my shed and angled down about four feet and drain valve on the bottom. I do have a filter in line, but it won't remove all the water.

I really effed up when I installed my compressor. I should have elevated it so the the drain isn't 1/2" from the floor. A real PITA because I can't put anything under to catch the sludge draining out of it.

A simple device called a "Franzinator" works pretty well. Go here for an explination from "Franz" http://route60garage.blogspot.com/2009/04/wtf-is-franzinator.html I have an extra one all made up that I will sell you, but shipping might be a bit expensive.Only reason I am deleting it from my system is I was given a refrigerated dryer for free.:icon_mrgreen:

100_2710.jpg

I also need to adjust the cut-in and cut-out on my 5hp 80 gallon air compressor. The max pressure says 125. What are you all setting your pressures?

I really effed up when I installed my compressor. I should have elevated it so the the drain isn't 1/2" from the floor. A real PITA because I can't put anything under to catch the sludge draining out of it.

Mine is still on the pallet, but I plan on extending it out to the side.

Just going to put a street elbow and pipe so it will be in reach.

Alan

go to the closest shop in your area that works on air dryers. buy a solenoid valve that goes in the drain line that is activated by a timer that you can adjust to blow down periodically. usually adjustable from 5 seconds to 30 seconds as often as you want. 115 volt. plugs in the wall. should solve most of your moisture problem.

that's really neat onetwo
It is neat....Franz is/was a genius, but was either loved or very hated for his A**hole ways.I was very surprised at how well this thing worked.There is a lot of controversy on other forums as to whether this actually works.:yes_no: All I can say that it cools down the discharge from the compressor head and gets rid of a lot of water in the process.Here are some more photos of it's construction.Enjoy:icon_mrgreen:

100_2682.jpg

100_2683.jpg

100_2685.jpg

100_2686.jpg

100_2687.jpg

Back