Console cover fasteners

66furys

Reaction score
I hate to always ask the dumb questions......My car has been disassembled quite a bit over the life of the 66 sport fury. I keep hoping to find something original....maybe the engine?? Does anyone know what type nutz were used on the die cast console lid studs. Mine had a couple of different things trying to hold this down, but none correct. I have tried std nuts, pal nuts, and now speed nuts that are awful. Would love to know what they came with. I could maybe open up a pal nut that does not fit, but not easy. Currently I am filing out some speed nuts that do not fit as original. My wiring had home wiring nuts and had exhibited fire on several sections, one pretty bad. Dash had been apart, fasteners wrong. Heater cables off, some missing. Console apart with backup switch all askew. Rear end third member nuts loose. Seat fasteners all messed up in several areas. Two layers of carpet over one another....all rotten. Strange connector arm on wiper motor MIA, and screws on cowl MIA. Half of the clips on the windshield and console trim MIA. And the fun just continues to try to find the right ones. Try finding those strange deep washers that hold the dash trim over the gauges. Aaargh

I may have gotten an answer by working on the shifter cover on console. There are push nuts galore underneath. So, I only had metric push nuts and 4mm is very tight. 3/16 is quite a bit larger, prob too much, so will try to open up the 4mm just a taste and see what we get....but thinking these round push nuts may be the thing.

Back