Convertible Spare Tire hold down bracket

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi there.
I am wondering what and where the bracket for the convertible spare tire is supposed to mount and look like.
Mine was a hardware store eye bolt...
Can you help me out with some pictures?

Oh in case you don't know, I own a 66 Polara.

I know for sure in 70 they were on the passenger side of the trunk but I doubt that helps you. With Ma Mopar you never know what will happen year to year.

Lemme get out to the garage today and I'll see if I can dig down to that, been a while since I've looked at it.
Mike

Although my car isn't a convertible it does use the same bracket and location. The CHP requested the alternate location.
2013-07-20_003.JPG

Alan

Lemme get out to the garage today and I'll see if I can dig down to that, been a while since I've looked at it.
Mike
Thanks Mike. if you can get a close up of what this bracket looks like maybe i can McQuiver one up

Thanks Mike. if you can get a close up of what this bracket looks like maybe i can McQuiver one up
Need to thank you, I guess. I hadn't had that trunk lid open for several years, so first I had to clean out a couple large mouse nests. Then I'd forgotten how much "stuff" I'd packed in there so had to dig that out, makes a nice refresher on some of the spare parts anyway. But I did get a couple photos of the bracket although the holddown rod is long gone. Here's a couple pics for you, along with a gratis shot of left over mouse debris and I didn't put all the "stuff" back in so more pics will be easy if you want better ones. Oh yeah, this is on a 65 Polara convertible, not a 66.
Mike

DSCN3958.JPG

DSCN3959.JPG

DSCN3960.JPG

DSCN3961.JPG

DSCN3962.JPG

DSCN3956.JPG

Thanks very much! I'm sure there is not much difference from a 65 to a 66.
glad I motivated you to clean the junk out of the trunk!
:rofl:

Yeah, they really didn't change a lot from 65 to 66, so I'm thinking that type stuff should be real similar.

It could be that the closed cars and open cars used the same bracket, but located in different areas of the trunk.

I bought an AMD bracket for my convertible and MIG welded it to the floor where the old one was. The old one must have either gotten pulled or knocked off. They are all the same. I think the rod length may vary. I bought one of those off Ebay with the wing nut etc.

Back