Cool wagon for sale

to me it is just "wrong". I wouldn't worry if he had TT II or cragar SS installed (aftermarket wheels from day 2 in example). But no one would have driven it this way back then.

But everyone to his own taste

The thing I am complaining about is that they always came in 14" for Mopars. No exceptions. Only Ford offered them in 15", too. So people buying them today in 15" and putting them on install "Ford wheels" on their Mopar. Anyone ever thought of installing 16" rallye wheels?
Back in the sixties, it was a very common swap to get larger wheels on your small bolt pattern A-body by putting on Falcon wheels.
Every guy with 4 x 13's upgraded to 4 x 14's that way. I did it.

sweet wagon. those wheels absolutely suit that wagon. don't give a **** what anyone else thinks. wheels will make or break any vehicle. those wheels rock on that chrysler wagon.

Hi,

road wheels (Magnums) became available in 1967 on Mopars. In 67&68 they were the full chrome version, while in 69&up the got a trim ring.

The thing I am complaining about is that they always came in 14" for Mopars. No exceptions. Only Ford offered them in 15", too. So people buying them today in 15" and putting them on install "Ford wheels" on their Mopar. Anyone ever thought of installing 16" rallye wheels?

Actually the Ford 15" chrome magnum 500's have a different outer rim/lip configuration then the mopar 14" chrome magnums, or mopar 15" rim in general. These ford 15" rims will not fit on a mopar with disc brakes....I know this through experience! You can only run the true ford 15" chrome magnums on the rear drum axle....or a front drum axle I guess too. But the current reproduction mopar 15" rims are not a ford rim...they are a true mopar rim configuration. So your statement that they are putting Ford rims on their mopar is not completely valid.

That is great information Brian. I, myself, have wondered exactly what the whole story is on the Ford/Mopar Magnum interchangeability. Thanks.

Actually the Ford 15" chrome magnum 500's have a different outer rim/lip configuration then the mopar 14" chrome magnums, or mopar 15" rim in general. These ford 15" rims will not fit on a mopar with disc brakes....I know this through experience! You can only run the true ford 15" chrome magnums on the rear drum axle....or a front drum axle I guess too. But the current reproduction mopar 15" rims are not a ford rim...they are a true mopar rim configuration. So your statement that they are putting Ford rims on their mopar is not completely valid.

They aren't anyway Mopar at all. They are modern ****. 15" chrome Magnums were just available back in the day at Ford. Mopar never offered 15" Magnum wheels. If you think they are Mopar you can install modern Fiat wheels, too. Or drop a 429 engine in it. All of these are non original just like 15" Magnums

And to your earlier question...Yes I'd run 16" or 17" ralleyes, or even chrome magnum 500's in those sizes, on my car.....;)

Wow fiat wheels fit my barracuda I need some small wheels and tires to clear the fenderwell headers.

The 14" and 15" five-spoke Magnum 500 Road Wheels were BOTH made by Kelsey-Hayes, for all of the Big Four manufacturers, as all had a version of this very same wheel. The wheel could care less what it's on, guys. Besides, on a late '60s C-body, I think 14" wheels just don't look right, even though 14" is correct for these cars. And you nearly never saw a Magnum 500 on a C-body to start with, so who really cares if that car has a 14" or 15" on it, anyway? I LIKE the Magnums, regardless if they are 14" or 15". As stated before, the 15" Magnum was never available on a Mopar, to begin with. They do fill in the wheelwell much better than a 14" wheel does. Put a set of Chrysler Magnum centers on the 15", and the vast majority of people wouldn't know the difference, anyway.

I want that wagon!

, so who really cares if that car has a 14" or 15" on it, anyway?

At least one german idiot :)))

Put a set of Chrysler Magnum centers on the 15", and the vast majority of people wouldn't know the difference, anyway.

That is true. The majority will not know. But it drives crazy a few :))

BTW: 14" Magnums were only available on C-bodys till 1968 model year. The new fuselage models from 1969&up could not be ordered with them

Carsten

What I'm saying is, IF someone repopped the complete Road Wheel down to the nuts in, lets say, 17 x 8....

Hi everyone,

New here to the C-body forum! I just wanted to show 'Big Sally' ..... in my possession since a few months, and having loads of fun with this car!

IMG_20181209_162315_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Back