Correct pulleys for 440 w/AC

My 440 has a 4-groove (for AC) crankshaft pulley w/all 4 grooves at same diameter at 7-3/8"; my car does not have AC tho' and seems to limit me on water pump pulleys. Previous owner dropped in this 440 in my 66 Fury that looks like they pieced together but the belts squeeled and I have since replaced the PS & alt brackets for proper alignment. I'm leaning towards changing the crank pulley to a "no AC" pulley and make my life easier and hoping to get some input on which "no AC" crankshaft (2-groove) pulley to purchase since I've seen a couple of options; one with both grooves at 6-1/2" diameter and another with front groove (radiator side) at 7-1/2" diameter and the groove closest to block at 6-1/2" diameter (see photos attached). Then, I need to get a water pump pulley, and which one should I get?

both grooves at 6.5 inch diam.jpg

one groove 7.5 inch & other groove 6.5 inch.jpg

Without AC you will need the water pump pulley that has more offset. You will then eliminate the idler and use a single belt around the crank/water-pump/alternator.

Alan
My 440 has a 4-groove (for AC) crankshaft pulley w/all 4 grooves at same diameter at 7-3/8"; my car does not have AC tho' and seems to limit me on water pump pulleys. Previous owner dropped in this 440 in my 66 Fury that looks like they pieced together but the belts squeeled and I have since replaced the PS & alt brackets for proper alignment. I'm leaning towards changing the crank pulley to a "no AC" pulley and make my life easier and hoping to get some input on which "no AC" crankshaft (2-groove) pulley to purchase since I've seen a couple of options; one with both grooves at 6-1/2" diameter and another with front groove (radiator side) at 7-1/2" diameter and the groove closest to block at 6-1/2" diameter (see photos attached). Then, I need to get a water pump pulley, and which one should I get? Help! :)

both grooves at 6.5 inch diam.jpg

one groove 7.5 inch & other groove 6.5 inch.jpg

Back