Darn remote mirrors

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe you all have experience in this. In almost all of my C bodies they have remote door mirrors. And almost all of them do not work very well. Such as, they move, but not far enough, or have very little range of motion. Any thoughts on fixing this or getting the mirror to stay in the desired position?

Seems like the current MOPAR ACTION has an article on fixing factory remote mirrors for little cost?

I usually just push the mirror towards where I want it, try moving it to perfection, and repeat as necessary. Once I get a ballpark, I can get it spot on with the new range it has.

Good Morning
If the door panels are off, try spraying some penetrate oil on the three cables.
As they are rarely used once they are adjusted, they tend to bind.
Merry Christmas
Omni

466 through 68 C bodies Mopar offered a wedge shaped rubber gasket for underneath the mirror to tilted up higher. They aren’t easy to find, but they are out there.

I've found that both of my remote door mirrors have very little range of motion. However, when aiding the mirrors movement a little by pushing on the corners a bit they have plenty range. The cables must be binding internally but I've yet to find a good wat to lubricate those.

466 through 68 C bodies Mopar offered a wedge shaped rubber gasket for underneath the mirror to tilted up higher. They aren’t easy to find, but they are out there.

Like this, Bill? I searched around for one for the passenger side many years ago. Yes, hard to find!

Funky gasket.JPG

Back