WANTED Dash Pad for 1968 Newport Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your welcome. Couple more right side up.
HPIM1068.jpgHPIM1069.jpg

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1069.jpg

Removing the windshield should be a last resort. First remove all the retaining nuts from the back of the pad. You may find that it will slide out with some persistent and gentle wiggling. Don't know if it is the same but I removed the pad from my 68 Monaco that way. Don't know if it will work with your application but worth a try.

I agree with Fratzog 100%. I just got the dash pad out of my 68 Polara with the windshield still in. It was ignorant, but it's do-able. Take out the front seat, drop the steering column and remove everything from the dash first, ie. glove box, radio, instrument cluster, defroster hoses, a/c hoses, etc, etc. And have a lot of patience:yes:

This dash pad removal on this 68 Newport is giving me fits. I can't find the f'in bolts that hold it in. Do I have to remove the a/c ducting? So much crap under there.

Bulldog, sometime in the past, I posted an explosion view of that dash. Got it out of the Parts Book.

I take it the bolts next to the wind shield are hard to remove.

The screws next to the windshield holding the filler will give you access to tilt the dash forward and make things easier, but are not absolutely necessary to remove. Only the hex nuts holding the pad to the frame.
A inspection mirror would come in handy for this job. If you need any pictures let me know.

Winner, Winner, chicken dinner. I got the sucker out thanks to our knowledgeable group. Looks good to me. Some little cracking. The metal piece on the right came unglued from the pad.68 dash pad 001.jpg68 dash pad 002.jpg68 dash pad 003.jpg68 dash pad 004.jpg68 dash pad 005.jpg

68 dash pad 001.jpg

68 dash pad 002.jpg

68 dash pad 003.jpg

68 dash pad 004.jpg

68 dash pad 005.jpg

excellent result!:eek:s_dancing2: I will email you straight away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back