Dimmer switch for 70 imperial with automatic light system

fury1

Reaction score
Hello guys it’s been a little while since I’ve posted on here. It’s just gotten nice enough out here in MN that I’m back working on things. The first on my list is fixing the headlights on my 70 imperial. They’ve never worked with the switch. Only ever used them with the automatic headlights. I tracked it down to the dimmer switch. I go to look and this is what I find. I’m assuming the automatic headlight cars got a special dimmer switch? Can anyone confirm? Thanks! I also seem to have no power to any of the wires that go to the dimmer switch itself
CE673450-865D-4A35-A80E-9FBDEA8EEAF4.jpeg
9681E821-3723-47A1-9E9C-AD8647DA92BF.jpeg

Last edited:
2661835 Foot Dimmer Switch.
Very hard part to find.
Contact Mobileparts here, he may be able to help.
Or can your old switch be restored.

Hello guys it’s been a little while since I’ve posted on here. It’s just gotten nice enough out here in MN that I’m back working on things. The first on my list is fixing the headlights on my 70 imperial. They’ve never worked with the switch. Only ever used them with the automatic headlights. I tracked it down to the dimmer switch. I go to look and this is what I find. I’m assuming the automatic headlight cars got a special dimmer switch? Can anyone confirm? Thanks!View attachment 525081View attachment 525082
Thanks for the responses guys unfortunately there nothing left if the original switch I will shoot those members a message and see if they have one! Thanks!

Back