Direct Connection

I have many DC parts on my Cordoba rebuild (circa 1987). Just a couple on my '71 NYer. Miss the days of factory HiPo support.

"DC" was "the deal" back when it was first released! The "Race Manual" was a compilation of all of the individual "Race Manual"s, which usually could be acquired only from a moving display/exposition of DC operatives and cars at various dealerships in the mid-late 1960s. Something that Chevy and Ford were not quite so good at doing, back then, it seems.

KEY thing, as mentioned, is that the smallest Chrysler Corp dealer could order those things and get them delivered via their normal channels! Which was a major deal . . . going to the local dealer rather than seeking out "race shops", back then.

The yearly Race Manual books were major deals, too. Factory racers who put their research and such in a book form. It looked a bit cheesy as the indivual sections were copies from type-written documents, rather than being type-set (as the flashier later versions came to be), BUT it was factory info direct from the factory guys. All 1200 pages of it! Engine, chassis, electrical, fuel system, etc. It seemed that if you followed their directions, you'd get to about 90% of where you could be, leaving the last 10% to user execution, by observation. My late machine shop operative once commented that a Mopar freek had come in, and that he was carrying "the Bible" (i.e., a copy of the Race Manual) under his arm.

I would order the yearly Race Manuals and have a collection of them, plus I'd always order a new DC catalog, too. Sometimes charging friends who went to SEMA (when they are released), to bring me a new one. HAD to stay up with things!

THOSE were the DAYS! Glad to see them back!
CBODY67

Just food for thought, agree or disagree with Tony.

Just food for thought, agree or disagree with Tony.

He must have watched a different video from above. Nothing insinuating electric cars. Only about parts.
Now are they going tag electric onto this? Who knows? Must be a different video. I think Tony’s been into the eggnog.

Dodge's New Direct Connection Parts Are Gonna Upset Some Demon Owners

message-editor_1640281469509-directionconnectionchallengerinlinea.jpg

Before "Direct Connection", there was "Hustle Stuff", which was about 1965 or so. The orig DC was in about 1967 or 1968. Seems like HS was Plymouth and Dodge had something similar but with a different name? DC replaced them both.

When I started going to Mopar Nats in about 1988, it was a new world for me. Especially being THAT close to the DC main operatives, who had a well-attended seminar/Q&A session of what was is the pipeline for new DC engine stuff, or later repro program items. Plus that, back then, they sought to go back to the orig vendors (who made the items originally) to get the items built, when possible, by the latest versions of the orig blueprints. Great Times!

Certainly, the re-born DC will be the modern version of its prior self. Which might ultimately involve tire-smokin' EVs, as Dodge has already said they will be building in the future (should be a YouTube video of that commercial, somewhere).

Happy Holidays,
CBODY67

Before "Direct Connection", there was "Hustle Stuff", which was about 1965 or so. The orig DC was in about 1967 or 1968. Seems like HS was Plymouth and Dodge had something similar but with a different name? DC replaced them both.

When I started going to Mopar Nats in about 1988, it was a new world for me. Especially being THAT close to the DC main operatives, who had a well-attended seminar/Q&A session of what was is the pipeline for new DC engine stuff, or later repro program items. Plus that, back then, they sought to go back to the orig vendors (who made the items originally) to get the items built, when possible, by the latest versions of the orig blueprints. Great Times!

Certainly, the re-born DC will be the modern version of its prior self. Which might ultimately involve tire-smokin' EVs, as Dodge has already said they will be building in the future (should be a YouTube video of that commercial, somewhere).

Happy Holidays,
CBODY67

The new DC program has a Stage 1 and Stage 2 program for my Redeye that will take it to 900 hp. All dealer installed and doesn't void my warranty.

Merry Christmas,

1978NYB

I don't watch that Tony guy, but if you watch Steve M's video and even just casually look at the new DC catalog, it's full of great stuff for ICE cars...
It's a pretty sweet printing, coming from a guy who always loved the 'type written' style of the bible pages

Might that "Duster" emblem be the air entering the supercharger? Wanting to make those rear tires go up in smoke?

Might that "Duster" emblem be the air entering the supercharger? Wanting to make those rear tires go up in smoke?

Maybe....my Redeye has 3 air intakes. Through the hood scoop, the inner headlight on the grill, and under the front end and up through the performance CAI.

I'm holding out hope that they will release some things for the 392 cars, but from what I am hearing that isn't going to happen. Focus is on the forced induction cars only for the immediate future.

Back