Disc brake conversion for 1964 Chrysler 300k

I am using the scare Bird kit on my 64 880, which I believe is the same as you 64?
Thanks for help. Unfortunately Scarebird said their brackets won't fit my 64 300k....it's a rare build. I've had the car since 1981 and can't find but a few major performance parts for it. No headers, etc. I sent the brake booster and master cylinder out to get rebuilt at KARPS in Chino, CA. I'll stick with drums until I find a sure fire solution. Again....THANKS FOR HELP!

Thats really nice looking, very wise choice keeping the backing plates and spring perches painted. On another car I alternated the leaf springs between chrome and powdercoat for less chance of wear. Car lost a rear wheel being towed on a dolly and was dragged at least two miles on the backing plate and spring perches. Finally found the backing plate and need to send the parts to get chromed.
No negatives at all from any part done. Cleans a lot easier too...

20220321_100620.jpg

My friend had a chrome shop here in Vegas in '80s so I got a decent deal back then on plating. The guy even nickel plated his SBC engine block and ran a 6-71 on top...in a T-bucket! Thanks for input...

Back Again!
The Above Link Might be Worth Reading for Anyone Thinking about Chroming Suspension Parts.
I Don't Claim I'm an Expert BUT I knew this Forty Years Ago.
Maybe Not Everything Chromed has a Problem But is it Worth the Risk?
Regards Tony.M

[/URL]

Back Again!
The Above Link Might be Worth Reading for Anyone Thinking about Chroming Suspension Parts.
I Don't Claim I'm an Expert BUT I knew this Forty Years Ago.
Maybe Not Everything Chromed has a Problem But is it Worth the Risk?
Regards Tony.M
Chrome plating is now fairly expensive more so now than 30 years ago because of environmental issues. It is also labor intensive because the metal...usually steel, has to be sanded in multiple stages typically from 120 grit all the way up to 400grit and then buffed with a buffing wheel with a compound containing an even finer abrasive. Then the object is typically plated with nickel by use of electricity and then plated with chrome over the nickel. There's not much "triple plating" these days...plating first with copper...then buffed out, then nickel plating ,then chrome plating over nickel. You could easily drop $5k on chrome plating on an average car these days. The alternatives include learning how to polish metal and doing most of the sanding, prepping yourself or cadmium plating which offers either a yellowish or silver rust resistant plated color or powder coating which is durable and is available in many colors. IMHO it's nice to have some chrome highlights and then powder coat other components in a color tone that matches the color of the car. I built my car from ground up. I boxed in frame and powder coated frame a medium blue to offset darker blue color on car body and then powder coated some parts the same blue color and other components, like brake backing plates, a cherry red color. Hope this helps.

20220315_143121.jpg

20220302_170828.jpg

20220114_094753.jpg

20211225_130157.jpg

20201023_174217.jpg

I thought if ever I would change my "K" to disc brakes, I'd use the factory system from a '68 'C' body. I have a complete set (spindles as well) from a Fury I haven't used. Main problem is once the rotors are worn out, not sure about finding replacements. I like my 11 x 3's, I probable won't bother to change over. You're welcome to take a look if you come through San Bernardino area on your way to Spring Fling. Also have an extra left side original (good/used) motor mount. Or if you have an extra right side, you can cut and re-weld the flange to make it work on left side.

Did you use your original brake booster and a proportioning valve? I truly appreciate your help!
Yes on both counts, everything went in as it was supposed to... even reused original steel wheels, just had to adjust rod in MC...

i will not use anything magnumforse supplies , a customer of mine bought a core 440 from him , well i'll not go there . but he would not stand behind it . and plenty more folks are having issues with his products with no response .

i will not use anything magnumforse supplies , a customer of mine bought a core 440 from him , well i'll not go there . but he would not stand behind it . and plenty more folks are having issues with his

i will not use anything magnumforse supplies , a customer of mine bought a core 440 from him , well i'll not go there . but he would not stand behind it . and plenty more folks are having issues with his products with no response .
Magnum Force here in Vegas...they don't answer phone and won't call you back....I've got to stop by that place and see what they're up to.....bad ratings on yelp.

well he left santa clara valley for much the same i feel . he's was a certified welder , has done some beautiful welds on his projects .

I'm a D1.1 SMAW AWS Certified welder and very good at GMAW and fair at GTAW...doesn't mean I can fabricate sound modifications for brake systems that legally require a PE in mechanical engineering.

FMJ body spindles ie Aspen 5th Ave Mirada spindles can be swapped in as well as late B body and R body. Use the Cordoba caliper adapter to use the 11.75 B body rotors. All factory components actually designed to work together and parts available at any parts store anywhere.

Dr. Diff sells repop Cordoba adapters as well as anything else you might need including expert advice.

DoctorDiff Drivetrain Components

Kevin

Back