Found disk brake booster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to be the bearer of not very good news, but these boosters are essentially Unicorns. I know a little bit about the subject, having done business with Booster Dewey (Booster Steve, now) last Fall, borrowing another member's booster (from a car he has apart and is currently restoring) so I could move my car around for the two months that the Booster folks had my unit. And no, none of the booster rebuilders have a core that you can swap with them. Before I did the "borrow", I searched for months for a core or a useable unit.

Unicorn.

Once I got my unit back last December, I sent the borrowed booster to Booster Dewey as a favor to the person who loaned it to me. It's now rebuilt and repainted and back in his hands to be reinstalled in the restored CBod and not available to borrow. Just sayin'.

If you currently HAVE a booster that has failed, you essentially have no choice but to send it out to be repaired. Power Brake Booster Exchange - Parts for Classic Cars There are several others, but the Booster folks are commonly used by owners of all makes.
69-70 Disc Booster.jpg

I have question about the master cyl for these boosters. Are they any different than the non disc brake master cyl?

Everytime I see that or read that, it looks like it says
" Ram Maniac ".... which is particularly apropos !!!!

Last edited:
This is my NOS master for 69-70 discs, now installed along with the rebuilt booster.

However, I chose to use my original gold cap (complete with patina!) instead of the silver "service part" cap as seen in the final pic.
IMG_2113.JPG
IMG_2115.JPG

IMG_2116.JPG
IMG_2117.JPG

PQPT8429.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG

NQJQ5840.JPG

I bought one of the dual-diaphragm boosters from a user here. You'll probably have to wait a while and scour the forums and FB groups to see if you can find a listing or someone making a comment about it - that's how I found mine. I actually got it for pretty cheap too, because he had another one and that one he sold me was a spare, so he had no use for it.

I have been wondering about how hard it would be to try a B/E body Bendix booster on a C-Body - I do know the measurements for the pushrod are different, but how much that makes a difference, I don't really know. Seems no one has really tried it.

I have a dual diaphragm Bendix booster core $150+ shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back