Do B body exterior door handles work on a 70 polara

Cags70PolaraConvert

Reaction score
I've read through all the threads I could find on here regarding door handles but couldn't find a definitive answer. Someone even provided me with part numbers but I can't figure out on how to utilize them in my searches. So with all that, would 1968-70 b body door handles from a place like trim parts fit on my 70 polara? From what I have read the inside mechanism may need to be swapped with the original, but would the outside fit properly? Thank you for your help.

The outside handles will appear to be very similar, BUT the main difference will be the specific body contours the handles touch on the outer door panel itself. Those contours/curves need to be exact so the handle looks like it belongs there.

IF you have the correct part numbers, you can (free download) download the 1970 Chrysler parts book at www.mymopar.com to verify what fits what, according to Chrysler.

It might be that the 1969-71 Polara/Monaco handles are the same, but nothing earlier than that as the body shell changed in 1969, which rules out the 1968 Dodges as candidates.

As you will find, there are lots of things in repro for A,B,E-body Chrysler products. Few specifically for C-body Chrysler products, except some of the mechanical stuff like fuel lines on the engines, typically.

Personally, I like the OEM outer door handles, rather than the repros. Why? The OEM production items, when looking at them under a strong light, will reveal the "sand scratches"/polishing marks on the original chrome finish. Repros do not have those items. In other words, the repros look too nice compared to the OEM items. IF you know what you are looking at, you can spot the repros from a ways off.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The outside handles will appear to be very similar, BUT the main difference will be the specific body contours the handles touch on the outer door panel itself. Those contours/curves need to be exact so the handle looks like it belongs there.

IF you have the correct part numbers, you can (free download) download the 1970 Chrysler parts book at www.mymopar.com to verify what fits what, according to Chrysler.

It might be that the 1969-71 Polara/Monaco handles are the same, but nothing earlier than that as the body shell changed in 1969, which rules out the 1968 Dodges as candidates.

As you will find, there are lots of things in repro for A,B,E-body Chrysler products. Few specifically for C-body Chrysler products, except some of the mechanical stuff like fuel lines on the engines, typically.

Personally, I like the OEM outer door handles, rather than the repros. Why? The OEM production items, when looking at them under a strong light, will reveal the "sand scratches"/polishing marks on the original chrome finish. Repros do not have those items. In other words, the repros look too nice compared to the OEM items. IF you know what you are looking at, you can spot the repros from a ways off.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
Thanks for the feedback. Someone did provide me with the part numbers but still can't figure out how to use them when looking at repos. sounds like I will be looking for a set of good used ones and polish them up the best I can. My current ones are totally shot. I have an email in with Murray Park.

I used 1st gen Dodge Ram 81 to 93 outside door handles on my 70 Fury wagon. The push button mechanism needs to be swapped to your old one But perfect fit.

Back