Dodge Bros. Pocket Watch

Reaction score
Greetings! Haven't posted anything on the forums for quite a while, but I think I have something that this crowd will find interesting! Does anyone know anything about this watch? I've looked around on the 'Net, but haven't found a thing. A close friend of mine owns it. He's not real computer savvy, so he asked me if I would check & see what I could find. And by the way, it is not for sale, at least not at this time. Hopefully someone on here will be able to fill in the blanks! Thanks in advance!

20220310_213004[1].jpg

20220310_212947[1].jpg

Greetings! Haven't posted anything on the forums for quite a while, but I think I have something that this crowd will find interesting! Does anyone know anything about this watch? I've looked around on the 'Net, but haven't found a thing. A close friend of mine owns it. He's not real computer savvy, so he asked me if I would check & see what I could find. And by the way, it is not for sale, at least not at this time. Hopefully someone on here will be able to fill in the blanks! Thanks in advance!

View attachment 520245

View attachment 520246
That's a beauty!

Big John: No name or other identifying marks at all. I notice that the chain-attachment ring at the top is different. I tend to agree with you that a genuinely vintage watch would have the maker's name on it. If these watches really are "rare" or "special" & they originated in the '20's or '30's or even the '40's or '50's, then I'd think they would be highly sought after. Probably be worth more than $132! Appreciate your input!

The case is slightly different too.

While I'm not a pocket watch collector, I've always noticed that watches that are given out to employees tend to be engraved simply rather than having ornate faces like this one. My Dad's 25 year wrist watch has his name and dates on it, but not any company logo on the dial etc.

I also don't think that there were folks looking to buy a pocket watch for a company that mainly sold trucks and middle of the road cars.

But of course, I could be wrong. Opening the watch up and having someone knowledgeable look at the movement might tell you a lot.

It's fake, or more accurately a modern fantasy piece. I noticed these a while ago and did some research on the seller. They leave the description open ended like, "appears vintage". He has sold the same watch for every car company and even specific cars and trucks. If you like that sort of thing you can easily find them at the local flea market for about $25.

After reading the info supplied, I figure if you remove the back of the watch you're gonna see those AWFUL words, "Made in China"! Thanx guys!

Sometime ago I was looking at a Chrysler version of this type of watch. It was a genuine antique that had the manufacture, I think Hamilton, on it. If I recall correctly they called it a dash clock. Supposedly there was a perch on the dash that it hung on. That's my 2 cents worth.

The watch looks similar to an antique Waltham watch I inherited from my great-grandfather. It would be very interesting to have someone check the works for manufacturers name and date. Would only take a few minutes to remove the back. Lindsay

Back