Dodge Warns That Regulations are Going to Kill the V-8

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Dodge warns that the V8's days are numbered

20200531_080257.jpg

They've been on the list a long time. We've been warned the days were numbered since the 1970s. I see at as a stay of execution.

I read this yesterday, don't remember what outlet retyped it, but they claimed they didn't see hellcats being made after three years from now. Hope that's not the case.

Srt guys have been setting the stage as a setting sun since the first hellcat

The SRT guys also said that when forced.... they will build the fastest electric SRT's on the planet!

Not saying they aren't right this time, but I remember Bob Lutz wringing his hands about the end of V8 engines way back when he was at GM.

merlin_153752013_a537ed58-4577-4c50-9532-ab939103cc77-articleLarge.jpg

G.M. Announcement Shakes Up U.S. Automakers’ Transition to Electric Cars''

Didnt think I'd live to see this but if that's the date and they make it? I could have another 15 years in me as I would not even be as old then as my Mom is today.

Contrary to every other "sky is falling" predictions, the technology is here to facilitate the transition away from IC's

IF combined with clearly evident social/geo-political/economics trends .. my 30-ish children and kinfolk couldnt care less about IC engines as that technology does not define "mobility"/transportation" to them as it does for me ... IC's will, I concur with others, become museum/collector pieces, vs. OEM production.

unless somewhere ahead you cant get (or its $100 a gallon or something) gas and they cease to be useful as transportation.

In the meantime ... I still want a Hellcat for the next decade cuz "that's the way I like it, uh huh uh huh" :)

I'm not worried......

There will be plenty of racing fuel available during the remainder of my time on this planet.

The government will tax the crap out of gas and it will be like R-12 freon pricing eventually.

Maybe. There are still too many gasoline dependent products to eliminate fuel. Obviously there will be alternatives made but the efficiency in those current products are at least decades away.

Back