Does anyone "repop" these parts for 66 Furys?

strokerpost

Reaction score
Wondering if you can find fuel tanks, leaf springs and fender skirt seals (attached to top of skirts when new) in the aftermarket, all of whichis for 66 Furys? Any input/links would be great, thanks.
Ken.

Gas tanks are available, aftermarket. Do a google search or a e-bay search and they'll turn up.

Leaf springs, go to springs and things .com. I am uncertain about your skirt seals.

make sure you get a 66 tank. the 65 is different, even though the car is basically the same

Try this one, I have a 66 Sport Fury Convertible and bought everything for it. Good Luck.

Andy BurnbaumMain Office: 1-617-244-1118
Phone Orders only: 1-800-457-1250
Fax: 1-617-244-1164

Try this one, I have a 66 Sport Fury Convertible and bought everything for it. Good Luck.

Andy BurnbaumMain Office: 1-617-244-1118
Phone Orders only: 1-800-457-1250
Fax: 1-617-244-1164

Thanks. What is this place? What kinda stuff did you buy?

I have a 66 Plymouth Sport Fury Convertible, do you have names and phone numbers where you bought your parts? tuttled

I have the same problem of not being able to get a 66 Fury tank. They all stop at 65 C body and start up again for post 67. Have no idea why the 66 fury is missing from lists I have encountered other than the side to rear fill neck differences. Hmmmm,:Groaner:

I have heard the 67 fits perfectly. Apparently it's just a matter of differences in the fuel line connections.
Can't personally verify.

< Sent from my tablet >

Thanks for the tip. If that's all it is I'll have to compare a 67 Plymouth tank up-close to mine. I understand there was a vented and non vented tank available. I was thinking that the vented tank would stop my problem of the fuel from coming out of the rear filler neck even with a new cap on it. :confused5:

Hi, check Vans Auto. They should have gas tanks, senders etc. and free shipping on e-bay .

Thanks Stan, I wonder if there was a 2 vent tank. If so, I wonder if that would stop the problem I am having of leaking fuel out of my new cap from pressure in the tank? Am I the only one having this problem?:BangHead:
In the old days it was the norm to see newly filled up cars spewing out gas on a hot day. Back then, tanks usually had only one line to the fuel pump and the gas cap was the vented type. But only after a to the top fill on a hot day. If you put on a pressurized cap, on a single line tank, you'll create a vacuum and the pump won't be able to suck the gas out of the tank.
What circumstances is your gas tank puking its guts?

In the old days it was the norm to see newly filled up cars spewing out gas on a hot day. Back then, tanks usually had only one line to the fuel pump and the gas cap was the vented type. But only after a to the top fill on a hot day. If you put on a pressurized cap, on a single line tank, you'll create a vacuum and the pump won't be able to suck the gas out of the tank.
What circumstances is your gas tank puking its guts?

It happens when the car just sits in the garage, Yes it's sometimes hot outside, but it seems to leak no matter the temp when parked. It leaks between the filler neck top to cap. I did put on a new non vented cap, (Cap even say's non vented on it) but still see drips down the neck onto the flange of the tank seam then falls to the floor and leaves a small puddle. Yes the puddle of gas concerns me but the fumes make it seem much worse like a major fuel spill when the car is just sitting there with the door closed.

The existing tank has no vent after all, just the hook up port to the fuel line.

I understand just atmospheric pressure can do this and doesn't have to be sweltering hot, but this is not making sense.

Back