Does this Lift make my stroker look fat?

Because of the virus/country shut down Fastenal shipping service was divided into east and west. Part of the problem was their fleet, truck, replacement schedule got screwed up and the shortage of drivers. That is what I was told back then. I figured Fastenal would get back on track but evidently not.

Drove to texas on tuesday from WA state to pick up my new MADE IN AMERICA car lift. Hornswoggled a couple of buddies to tag-team drive the ~4000 miles there and back with me. As you may or may not know, there is only one manufacture who still makes their lifts in the US (Sad but true) Whip lifts of ft.worth Texas.

Heywire 440 reply: I recently bought a 2-post lift also, a Forward. It has been installed. I had heard of Whip but also a lift company called Worth, based in Texas too. I wonder if Worth is still there. Have fun with your new Whip.

Well somehow Something went haywire on my reply

Last edited:
Size perspective courtesy of my helper

20220601_192113.jpg

How thick is that slab, what size and spacing of reinforcing bars does it have, and what strength (psi) is the concrete?

The lift called for 4.5" thick, 3000 psi, with 3/8 rebar.

My slab is 6" thick, 3500psi with fibermesh and 5/8 rebar on 2' grid

That is a beefy slab. Does it include anchors or do you supply those yourself?

We installed similar lifts with a renovation project at a career technical facility a few years ago (in San Jose, CA). Due to seismic factors, the state had us install them on very deep footings....if I recall they were about 3 feet wide, and 6 feet long, and 4 feet deep - each side. Threaded rod anchors going deep into each footing. Very overkill. Despite the footing size, it'll only be as strong as the strength of the fasteners.

The lift comes with all the hardware necessary to install including the 3/4" x 5" anchors

A little light lifting on the new shop lift this last weekend on a buddys
20220924_144125.jpg
car.

Ceiling is 13'9. Always wanted a lathe and a mill, you can kind of see the mill past the car/lift

Ceiling is 13'9. Always wanted a lathe and a mill, you can kind of see the mill past the car/lift

Back