door panel clean and paint

tracktor

Reaction score
going for the cheap ;-)

1done.jpg

There's some really good info on these videos about painting door panels. You have to get through the first couple minutes of nonsense, but then it gets serious.

There's some really good info on these videos about painting door panels. You have to get through the first couple minutes of nonsense, but then it gets serious.

To late to read I already did them LOL hope they hold up

Got more done the stuff looks great again its just a driver not looking to win any shows ..

hows the paint holding up and feel?
just handling it in the garage but feels like any other seat seems to be great. Did the console in my truck a few years ago still looks good but not sat on so time will tell

Nice job!
I've been impressed with the vinyl dyes/paints available these days.
I had my door panels off to fix some window rollers. The tops of the panels and rear seat were sun faded to a gray. I bought my vinyl paint from Herbs Parts. Found a brown that is nearly an exact match. Just prep with a degreaser and the paint adheres fine and is quite pliable. Used Duplicolor on the Rattan to match the color seen in the sales brochure.
IMG_0653.JPG

The spray bottle shown was used to clean the hardened grease on the window regulators and roller. 5-10 mins of dwell time and it was soft enough to just brush off.
IMG_0923.JPG

Ended up coloring the entire rear seat. I began by just spraying the faded tops and fogging it in with rest of seat. It came out so well i did the whole seat. I left the lower skirts alone to have original vinyl for color matching in future. I still have slits and tears but the paint was a quick improvement. This paint has held up pretty well and doesn't scratch very easily while sliding in and out of car.

Back