Drilled and slotted rotors....

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Well I've been busy working on the fleet...and finally taking a few minutes to update a few threads.

I finally got tired of the front rotors on the wagon shuddering. They got warped while driving through some nasty hills and having to brake A LOT!! Anyway it was to the point I didn't want to drive the ol' girl...and I couldn't have that. So I decided to take a chance on some drilled and slotted rotors I saw on E-bay.

I put a set like these ones on all 4 corners of the wife's 02 Concorde....love the braking!! SO figured I'd give them a chance at $160 Delivered!!

Here they are...

PICT6433.jpg

PICT6434.jpg

They came with new bearing races installed too! I'm very happy with them.

And old verses new installed....

PICT6442.jpg

PICT6441.jpg

Only thing I should have done first before installing them is wash them thoroughly in the parts washer. There was a lot of small metal debris from the machining inside the rotor. It got allover the place, and even behind the brake pads. Had to pop off the calipers and pads when one side started grabbing harder then the other. But a good cleaning had things working properly.

As for the braking...Couldn't be happier! It hauls down from speed very quickly.

That's a nice setup. What type and brand of pads did you use? I have Wagner rotors and Wagner ceramic pads on my NY'er. Works well but I haven't been through any challenging hills or mountains yet.

I finally got tired of the front rotors on the wagon shuddering. They got warped while driving through some nasty hills and having to brake A LOT!! Anyway it was to the point I didn't want to drive the ol' girl...and I couldn't have that. So I decided to take a chance on some drilled and slotted rotors I saw on E-bay.

PICT6433.jpg

PICT6434.jpg

They came with new bearing races installed too! I'm very happy with them.[/QUOTE]

They look great. Are they made in the USA......... ?

1978 NYB...I always run cheap pads. They might generate more dust, and eat through them a bit quicker, but they don't eat up expensive rotors.

Bluefury361...No sure if they are made in the USA...Doubt it. They came out of California though.

Back